Song page layout
Hello, this is about the song pages and possible ideas to make them better. This isn't a rush suggestion as we have all year to decide.
- Ramble ahead
- I feel the the current set up itself is fine when simple: Song box intro, background, Lyrics, Derivatives etc.
- I wanted to know how it would be if the image uploads were replaced with video embeds. As in linking to the video visual using the wiki codes. The links themselves can remain however.
- With the amount of derived covers and works that one page alone can get, the Template:Song_Derivative template takes up space. And while this can be solved by simply tabbing a page, I wondered if the template on song pages should just be done away with in place of thumbnail links. For example the Utaite pages "World is Mine". Fairly recent I saw how to reveal NND thumbnails on the wiki. post here. I told Utaite wiki about this and they manged to get the code to work for the wiki.
- If this can work, then MAYBE it can be duplicated to the YouTube songlist, but again, with a page like Miku's reaching over hundreds, I am unsure how the page load will react. Angel Emfrbl has been wanting to see something like this for a while.
- I noticed that the Song Derivative's parameters are often left blank or the description for them is repetitive to the title. There are indeed pages that the Song Derivative is put to full use, so in instances that a work requires heavy information I say leave it to the Succeeding versions or notable works.
- On a different note. I like colors, so I use the derivative template to decorate the page, but others like 'uniformity' and basically see that the derivative must match the Song box. At least neutralizing the template will prevent this minor thing.
- Lyric wise I am not sure how the side-by-side thing started, but I can see this simply breaking into having either one set of lyrics at the top and another below it. Everyone is largely English speakers here. Another reason is contributors who want to create a song page but can't figure out how to use basic wiki coding like tables. I created the Lyrics templates, but they are tad flawed by the Oasis skin.
- i.e. When the lyrics are even for both Japanese and Romaji everything lines up, but when either one has more lyric lines than the other, the template is subject to the content size and thus misalignment happens.
- The Spanish wiki does a tab method "World is mine" and the Lyrics wiki does a PRE code method "World is Mine" (rom/jpn). The disadvantage may be not being able to use color text.
- Subject to be updated if more thoughts come to me.