CYBER DIVA is an English VOCALOID developed and distributed by YAMAHA JPN and was released in February 2015 for the VOCALOID4 engine. In March 2015, on Instagram, an American singer, theater actress, and model named Jenny Shima claimed that she was the voice provider for CYBER DIVA.
Her name, "CYBER DIVA", has not been explained by her developers. It is currently unknown how she received the name.
"Diva" is used as a loanword in English to describe females, generally singers, who reach idol status or consider themselves as important. It is a descriptive word that can also be used as a girl's name, which is borrowed from archaic Italian and originally meant "goddess".
Due to the origin of the word "Diva", the name can have more than one meaning when read. It can also be seen as a play on words.
As part of the VY series, CYBER DIVA follows similar ideals to past VY vocals VY1 and VY2. These VOCALOIDs were designed with the intention of being able to freely manipulate the VOCALOID to how a producer wants.
It is speculated that because YAMAHA was aiming for the Western audience and looking for a more professional look, YAMAHA opted to use a simple photo as an avatar without a character concept behind it (similar to Zero-G's Prima and Tonio).
The top of a gold plated microphone can be seen, this is based on the iconic Shure Brothers microphone, the model 55s, Multi-Impedance "Small Unidyne" Dynamic which was first released in 1951.
- VY1; Japanese VY female
- VY2; Japanese VY male
- CYBER SONGMAN; a complementary voice bank with masculine vocals.
Music featuring CYBER DIVAEdit
- CYBER DIVA is featured in 54 songs and 8 albums on this wiki.
- There are listings for notable, original, and cover songs.
Examples of usage
|Korozashisakae's Mysterious Package|
She is targeted towards the American market as a professional producer VOCALOID.
- Viewing the source for her introduction page reveals the hidden message "Please enjoy Vocaloid!".
- Despite common misconceptions about her that occurred when she was first released, BIG AL was the first American accented VOCALOID as his voice provider (Frank S.) was also American.
- She is the fourth Vocaloid to feature a microphone based on the model 55s with Sweet Ann being the first, Lily the second and Meiko V3 being the third. It is also seen on the boxart of Hiyama Kiyoteru V4 - Rocks.
|CYBER DIVA's character status|
CYBER DIVA gained the no.1 "Hot New Releases in Recording Virtual Instruments Software" on amazon.com when released for sale
CYBER DIVA was well received upon unveiling and her demo "ATHENA" reached over 100,000+ views, putting the demo on par with OLIVER and YOHIOloid. Her demo reached this amount within 3 months of being posted, making it the fastest English-only demo to reach this amount.