Calne Ca (骸音シーエ) is viewed as a derivative of Hatsune Miku, she was created by the 3D animator Deino. Her name comes from kara (骸) and ne (音), as well as CA (シーエ), the chemical symbol of calcium. This is due to Calne Ca being a mechanized skeleton with a skin or casing in the shape of Miku.
The term "Derivative" is used here to describe a fanmade Vocaloid character that is based on an already existing character.
Calne Ca basically is just a sort of casing in the shape of Miku for Calcium, a Deino's original character, who is sort of a cyborg girl, (well at least in appearance, because, in essence, she is a mechanized skeleton; according to Deino, however, it is up to the viewer to decide how they want to see her, either as a mechanized skeleton, or Miku deformed). Her first apparition was in the lyric-less music video Machine Muzik and since then appeared in several PVs.
During the Sapporo 2011 event, a projection of Calne Ca, much like the holographic projections used in Vocaloid concerts, was seen "dancing" while the artist Doppel was painting the Miku mural in the background.
|Nicovideo Broadcast Youtube Broadcast |
骸Attack!! (Mukuro Attack!!)
Translation "Corpse Attack!!"
|Nicovideo Broadcast Youtube Broadcast Main article : 骸Attack!! (Mukuro Attack!!) |
細菌汚染 (Saikin Osen)
Translation "Bacterial Contamination"
|Nicovideo Broadcast Youtube Broadcast Main article : 細菌汚染 (Saikin Osen) |
- MikuMikuDance (MMD), 3D software
- A MMD model of Calne Ca was created by her creator, Deino. Deino also released a texture file for the model, allowing the model to look more like his cell-shade images. See the Calne Ca (Deino) page for details.
- Project Diva (PD), game
- Although Calne Ca isn't an available character in the PSP game, Hatsune Miku ~Project Diva~ nor in its sequels, she appears in some of the skins and backgrounds available for chosing.
- Fanmade Promotional Videos (PV)
- Calne Ca is commonly seen in fanmade videos, portrayed in various ways or simply dancing.
- Creatures that are frequently seen in videos accompanying Calne Ca are a walking skull called Chibi Cal-san (ちびカルさん),now officially known as Rubidium, it is the same kind of machine as Calcium. It doesn't have the body so its metal tendons are the only mobility it has as a head. Sometimes Calne places a skin over the skull. Another character that commonly appears along with Calne Ca is the long-tailed creature called Magnesium (Mg) (人型Mg)., he also has a humanoid form.