- This is an article about the Gackpoid software for the VOCALOID2 engine. Gackpoid is the product name for VOCALOID Camui Gackpo.
INTERNET Co. wanted to utilize the voice of a singer for the creation of a VOCALOID but felt it would be difficult to get a singer to agree. They consulted Dwango Co.,Ltd. who managed Nico Nico Douga, and Dwango suggested Gackt (神威 楽斗 Camui Gackt, now known as GACKT), a singer and actor, as he had previously provided his voice for Dwango's cell phone services. He lent his voice and named the VOCALOID Gackpoid.
The first recording began in December 2007. According to INTERNET Co., Ltd, Gackt himself would ask for a re-record a sample if he was not completely satisfied with the result. However, all results were recorded in 4 hours with no breaks and no need to record samples again. Later, a 2nd recording session took place in January 2008 so they could choose from the best samples. Gackt was warned that not all vocals would be satisfactory to work with the VOCALOID software and testing would have to take place to determine if it was even feasible to release the VOCALOID. It took 5 months of trial and error to remove the issues which the voicebank faced and make results smooth.
In April the product was behind schedule, Gackt was informed of this but noted he would rather have a high quality product than one rushed.
The product was originally intended to be released in June 2008, but though Gackt existed as a model for the VOCALOID, its illustrated avatar was yet to be determined. Sample editing was completed by June but release was postponed because of an illustration change. Popular manga author, Kentaro Miura, famous for his dark fantasy epic Berserk, was asked to do the illustration. Due to Miura's affection for Nico Nico Douga, he agreed to offer his services as a character designer for free.
At the end of 2015, it was announced that from March 31, 2016, VOCALOID2 was being retired and no new serial codes were be issued by Yamaha.
- Computer:Recommended 64 2800 + or more ※ Pentium4 2.8 GHz / Athlon 2000 + or more Pentium4 2 GHz / Athlon XP
- OS:(Recommended in the case of stand-alone 8/7 / Vista) Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Available only 32bit version OS
- RAM memory:(The 1GB recommended) 512MB or more
- VOCALOID2 VST instrument when using Real-time recommended 2GB or more
- Other:DVD-ROM drive / sound card / Internet connection environment (activation time)
- Interface: VST, ReWire, stand-alone
|Tempo: 60 ~ 150BPM Range: A1 ~ C4 (Bass)|
|Gackpoid was designed as a CV VOCALOID to sound similar to the professional singer 'Gackt' he was based on. He was the first Japanese VOCALOID released in the VOCALOID2 to be based on a professional vocalist and is intended to produce professional singing results.|
|Vocal traits as noted:|
|Phonetic notes as noted:|
|Software issues as noted:|
Gackpo singing in his raw state
An version with Gackpoid includes a new program, OPUS Express, for mixing vocal parts with accompaniment and phoneme data.