Hiyama Kiyoteru (氷山キヨテル) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed and distributed by AH-Software Co. Ltd., and was initially released in December 2009. There is currently ongoing development upgrade to the VOCALOID4 engine. His voice is provided by Japanese male singer Kiyoshi Hiyama (比山貴咏史, Hiyama Kiyoshi).
He and Kaai Yuki were released as "student" and "teacher" VOCALOIDs.
His surname "Hiyama" seems to be taken from his provider's name ("Kiyoshi Hiyama"). His Ice Mountain name of "Ice Teru" is a play on words; "Hiyama," (氷山) means "ice mountain."
In his depictions as member of ICE MOUNTAIN, he appears with a more rebel and informal appearance.
Kiyoteru is a teacher who participates in a rock band called Ice Mountain on weekends, with the stage name "Ice Mountain Teru." According to the book Ice Mountain, the default configuration for his software package happens to be Kiyoteru's vocals as a rookie singer. He is also said to be good at mathematics.
His favourite microphones are also were given as:
- BEHRINGER Ultravoice XM8500 (during his junior high and high school years)
- SHURE SM58 (college years)
- SHURE Beta 58A / RODE NT1-A (current favorite)
Examples of UsageEdit
|Music featuring Hiyama Kiyoteru|
|This VOCALOID is featured in 14 songs and on 13 albums on this wiki.|
There are listings for notable, original and cover songs.
|External search →|
|To our readers and editors: For section notes, please read this tutorial. And before adding translated videos, please read this tutorial.|
|under the darkness|
Until May 2011, all AH-Software VOCALOIDs were banned from KARENT.
- iOS App
Book: "Ice Mountain"Edit
|Hiyama Kiyoteru Popularity|
|To our readers and editors: For section notes, please read Wiki notes:Popularity sections.|
He was, overall, the least popular of the AH-Software trio of VOCALOIDs. All three took a while to gain popularity, leaving him the least popular Japanese Vocaloid in Japan for some time.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs had less then 1,000 videos uploaded on Nico Nico Douga in 2011 between July 1st and December 15th; Kiyoteru fell into this category.
- Yuki and Kiyoteru were announced in November 2009. Interestingly enough, at the end of the previous month, Crypton Future Media had just made their own announcement of a series called Project if... which was set in a elementary school setting.
- One of the first 3 AH-Software VOCALOIDs
- First male AH-Software VOCALOID
- First VOCALOID mascot that is a member of a fictional band.
- Ice Mountain (link appears disabled)
- Hiyama Kiyoteru fanart DeviantArt / Pixiv / Piapro
- Hiyama Kiyoteru models on MikuMikuDance wiki
- Hiyama Kiyoteru derivatives on Fanloid wiki