Kaai Yuki (歌愛ユキ) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed and distributed by AH-Software Co. Ltd., and was released in December 2009 for the VOCALOID2 engine. Yuki's vocals are based on an elementary school student. With her voice provider being a young girl the identity of her provider has never been revealed for legal reasons. She is the first female VOCALOID whose voice samples are not produced from an adult.
She and Hiyama Kiyoteru were released as "student" and "teacher" VOCALOIDs.
The characters of her name, "歌愛", mean "song" and "love" respectively.
Yuki is meant to be portrayed as a 9 year old elementary school student. She is said to be "As tall as 10 big apples" and "As heavy as 86 apples". Her red randoseru is a motif of Yamaha's wind controller, WX5.
- Hiyama Kiyoteru; Teacher.
Examples of UsageEdit
|Music featuring Kaai Yuki|
|This VOCALOID is featured in 18 songs and on 21 albums on this wiki.|
There are listings for notable, original and cover songs.
|External search →|
|To our readers and editors: For section notes, please read this tutorial. And before adding translated videos, please read this tutorial.|
Until May 2011, all AH-Software Vocaloids were banned from KARENT.
- iOS App
|Kaai Yuki Popularity|
|To our readers and editors: For section notes, please read Wiki notes:Popularity sections.|
The three AH-Software Vocaloids were slow to gain popularity and for a while, were amongst the least popular VOCALOIDs. In 2010, Kaai Yuki was the second most popular of the trio.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs, Yuki included, had less than 1,000 videos uploaded to Nico Nico Douga in 2011 between July 1st and December 15th.
- Yuki and Kiyoteru were announced in November 2009. Interestingly, at the end of the previous month Crypton Future Media had just made their own announcement of a series called Project if…, which was set in an elementary school setting.
- One of the first 3 AH-Software VOCALOIDs
- One of the two first female AH-Software VOCALOIDs
- First vocal to be provided by a child
- First female vocal to be provided by a child
- ↑  Vocaloid Answer Wiki - Why are some voice providers not revealed?
- ↑ VOCALOID Enjoy
- ↑ AR Vocaloid Walk
- ↑  VCC - How big is the Japanese Vocaloid community?
- ↑ link
- ↑ link
- Kaai Yuki fanart DeviantArt / Pixiv / Piapro
- Kaai Yuki models on MikuMikuDance wiki
- Kaai Yuki derivatives on Fanloid wiki