Lily (リリィ) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed and distributed by Internet Co., Ltd., done in collaboration with Avex Management Co., Ltd and YAMAHA Corporation, and was initially released in August 2010 for the VOCALOID2 engine. There has since been a second installment developed for the VOCALOID3 engine and dubbed V3 Lily. Her voice is provided by the Japanese female singer, musician and performance artist, Yuri Masuda (益田祐里; Masuda Yuri).
She represents Yuri's anime-persona or avatar for anim.o.v.e.'s releases.
Lily is one of the few VOCALOIDs outside of those made by Crypton Future Media to have referenced the most popular Internet Memes. As part of her marketing, two figurines were made, one of them being her with a railway sign that referenced "Ievan Polkka" while the other one was her with a bee.
The microphone seen in both her releases is based on the iconic Shure Brothers microphone, the model 55s, Multi-Impedance "Small Unidyne" Dynamic which was first released in 1951.
Early speculation on Lily's given name was that it was derived from the name of her voice provider Yuri Masuda, as "yuri" literally means "lily".
Music featuring LilyEdit
- Lily is featured in 77 songs and 65 albums on this wiki.
- There are listings for notable, original, and cover songs.
Examples of usage
She herself was part of the promotion for Yuri of ANIM.O.V.E. and thus most of the merchandise isn't directed at her as a VOCALOID. Regardless, the level of promotion had not been seen outside of the Crypton Future Media VOCALOIDs prior to Lily's sale and although not aimed at the VOCALOID herself, still gave strong support for her software.
- Since she was not actually developed as part of Internet Co., Ltd's product line, her name does not follow their naming scheme of using "poid" at the end of the software's title, despite being sold by them. Nor does she have a separate name for her mascot and software.
- Kio's model is available by purchase of Windows 100% magazine and MMD Second Pack magazine.
- Her height has never been clarified, however, in "Schwarzgazer" she was shown to be of average height.
- Lily is the second Vocaloid to feature the model 55s microphone, the first being Sweet Ann. This microphone has appeared on a number of other Vocaloid boxarts including Cyber Diva, Hiyama Kiyoteru V4 - Rocks and Meiko V3.
|Lily's character status|
The song Lily Lily★Burning Night has reached the 1 million views mark.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs had less than 1,000 videos uploaded on Nico Nico Douga in 2011 between July 1st and December 15th. Lily fell into this category.