Involvement in Plan BEdit
This vocal first appeared during the involvement of a collaboration between Voctro Labs, Ballantine's, theFACT™ and La Oreja de Van Gogh, where the people could help to create the lyrics for the famous group. Voctro Labs provided the tools that allowed the participants to listen to their written lyrics sung by the voice through the official website. It was revealed this voice was a new VOCALOID that was being developed by the company and was based on the main singer of the band.
In answer to fan's curiosity as to whether the voice would be sold, the company announced they were planning on releasing the voice to the public. She had no official release date, but on October 28, 2013, Voctro Labs announced that she would be released before Christmas. Later, on November 27, Voctro Labs announced that her release date was December 18, 2013. They also announced that they were still improving the voicebank and adding "some surprises" to the vocals.
A contest was held to look for an illustrator who would draw a design for the VOCALOID. Voctro Labs requested that those interested should send a sample of their work to the company's email and the deadline for this was July 8, 2013. After they reviewed the works of all of their entrants, they picked the potential candidates. Over 200 entries were received. The chosen artists had until July 15 to enter a design for Voctro Labs. They were asked to draw a 'pop star' and were given samples of the voice as reference.
The results were revealed on July 24. The winner was Noriko Hayashi, an artist who also happened to be a runner-up in PowerFX Systems AB. and VocaTone's YOHIOloid design contest. At the announcement, Voctro Labs revealed a silhouette of the design.
|Otra Vez Me Has Sacado A Bailar (NetVocaloid ver.)||YouTube|
|En tu mirar (short)||YouTube|
|Cruz de Navajas||YouTube|
|En tu mirar (full)||YouTube|
|Fantasia (Catalan demo)||YouTube|
|No habrá nadie en el mundo||YouTube SoundCloud|
|Tell Your World||YouTube|
|Ni una sola palabra||YouTube|
|Que decida el corazón (preview)||YouTube|
|Garota de Ipanema (Brazilian Portuguese demo)||YouTube|
|Una Notte a Napoli feat. Bruno & Clara (Italian demo)||YouTube|
|Waves of Change feat. KAITO V3 (English demo)||Niconico YouTube|
|Que decida el corazón (final)||YouTube|
|星宙の五線譜 (Hoshizora no Gosenfu) (Japanese demo)||Niconico YouTube|
|雪花繚乱 (Sekka Ryouran) (Japanese demo)||SoundCloud|
|幸せのかたち (Shiawase no Katachi) (Japanese demo)||Niconico YouTube|
- VOCALOID EDITOR
- Supported OS: Windows 8(32/64bit)/Windows 7(32/64bit)/Vista(32bit)/XP(32bit)
- On 64bit Windows 8, Window 7 systems the software runs in 32bit compatibility mode (WOW64).
- Processor: Celeron Dual Core 2.1 GHz or better
- Memory: At least 1GB of RAM
- Hard disk: At least 3.0GB of available disk space
- VOCALOID EDITOR FOR CUBASE NEO
- VOCALOID Editor for Cubase NEO
- Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7, Cubase Elements 7, Cubase AI 7 or Cubase LE 7
- Compatibility with Cubase 7.5 has not yet been determined.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.7 or newer (32/64bit) | Windows 7 or newer (32/64bit)
- Processor: Intel Dual Core CPU or better
- Memory: At least 2GB of RAM
- Hard disk: At least 2.2GB of available disk space (voice bank only)
|Tempo: 60 ~ 150BPM Range: E2 ~ D4|
| According to her site, MAIKA has a powerful feminine voice and a large phonetic flexibility.
Two special Job Plug-ins were also developed for MAIKa which can be downloaded from VOCTRO Labs. The first converts Japanese VSQx files into the closet equivalent in Spanish phonetics, the second does the same for English. The plug-in for Japanese is different to the one used by Bruno and Clara and takes into account her expanded phonetic data, allowing more accurate results then the Bruno and Clara version.
The demo VSQx file "Que Decida el Corazón" can also be downloaded from their website.
|Vocal traits as noted:|
|Phonetic notes as noted:|
|Software issues as noted:|
A trial version has been released of this product.
- ↑ Sony Music España - LA OREJA DE VAN GOGH PRESENTA PLAN B, UN PROYECTO REVOLUCIONARIO PARA LA CREACIÓN DE MÚSICA A TRAVÉS DE INTERNET
- ↑ Bruno & Clara's Facebook: Official Announcement
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.voctro-vocaloid.com/es/archives/951
- ↑ link
- ↑ 
- ↑ link
- ↑ http://www.voctro-vocaloid.com/en/maika
- ↑ link
- ↑