Prima was Zero-G's first Vocaloid2 product released January 14, 2008.
Prima has no character concept.
The name "Prima" comes from the term "Prima Donna" meaning "first lady," which is an Italian term used to describe the female with the leading role in a theatrical and opera production and the one with the most talent, who was usually a soprano singer.
Examples of UsageEdit
| Before adding translated or subbed videos, please read this tutorial in order not to list gravely mistranslated ones.
To our readers and editors, for section notes please read; Notes; Examples sections.
Interval of clouds 2010
|Featuring:||Prima & Lola|
| Youtube Broadcast |
| Youtube Broadcast |
Main Town Domina
|Nicovideo Broadcast Youtube Broadcast |
|Listing of songs|
|Notable songs by Vocaloid|
|Assorted songs by Vocaloid. Page count ( 3 )|
|Albums featuring Vocaloid. Page count ( 1 )|
Prima was one of Zero-G's professional aimed voicebanks and as such her boxart and voice are not aimed at the general Vocaloid fandom. Her boxart is from a stock image. The photographer was bg_knight(Ivan Grlic) who has submitted his work to various stock photo websites. An example of the original is here titled "beauty profile" File#: 1709473, there are other images based on the model currently on the second page, take notice of the eyebrow piercing.
After increased interest began to occur in Vocaloids and demand rose, Zero-G began reselling Lola, Leon, and Miriam from their own website via their virtual shop. Prima was also included in the sale, but according to Zero-G, although the three older vocaloids may get a redesign in the future they feel Prima is fine the way she is and neither she nor Tonio will receive a make over.
Prima has been held as one of the more popular of the English capable Vocaloids overall and was the first one to acquire a higher level of recognition then past Vocaloids had achieved. In 2010, Crypton Future Media produced a ranking of the Vocaloids they sold on their website. Prima was ranked the 9th most popular Vocaloid they sold, and the process the second most popular of the imported Vocaloids that Crypton sold.
According to a flyer for discounts on Vocaloid released in 2011, Prima was ranked as Zero-G's 9th most popular product in 2011.
A independent Vocaloid search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most Vocaloids had less then 1,000 videos uploaded on Nico Nico Douga in between July 1 and December 15 with Prima falling into that category as well.
- Prima, Leon and Lola's release dates were celebrated in the "Zero-G Garnet Festival" (also referred to as "ZGF") on Nico Nico Douga. This event celebrates the release of these Vocaloids and songs were uploaded during this 3 day event. 
- While other Vocaloids from Zero-G are regarded as siblings by Sonika, Sonika refers to Prima as "auntie Prima". Despite also referring to Tonio as "uncle Tonio", Sonika confirmed the two are not married and this was just what she called them.
- Prima was the most expensive Vocaloid 2 voicebank to purchase upon her release.
- Prima's Taiwan design is loosely based on the Chinese opera house style of costumes. The costume itself is based on a theatrical representation of a animal, most likely a Kitsune based on the shape of the "tail" and ears.
- First Vocaloid 2 Zero-G Vocaloid
- First English Vocaloid 2 specialised Vocaloid.
- First English Vocaloid to gain satisfactory levels of popularity
- Most commonly used English Vocaloid2 by professional music makers
- Old Engloid Blog: Prima (tag search)
- New Engloid Blog Prima (tag search)
- Piapro - プリマ（歌唱用素材） (lipsync)
- Prima fanart DeviantArt / Pixiv / Piapro
- Prima models on MikuMikuDance wiki
- Prima derivatives on Fanloid wiki