Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ryūto (リュウト) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed and distributed by Internet Co., Ltd. as Gachapoid (ガチャッポイド), and was released in October 2010 for the VOCALOID2 engine. Later, he was given an update and was released in September 2014 for the VOCALOID3 engine. His voice is provided by Japanese voice actress, Kuniko Amemiya (雨宮邦子; Amemiya Kuniko).
His software name, "Gachapoid", is based on the name "Gachapin", the character he is modeled after. The suffix "poid" on the end of the name is short for "like Vocaloid". Thus, the full implied name of this product is "Gachapin-like Vocaloid".
A notable mistake within the western fandom is labeling Ryuto as "Gachapoid" or "Ryuto Gachapoid". The explanation for both these mistakes is the confusion over the naming of both software package and VOCALOID. The same issue occurs with Camui Gackpo and his software Gackpoid along with GUMI and her software Megpoid.
His appearance is based loosely on Gachapin's own appearance. It also takes aspects of YAMAHA's "Yamaha XG" midi sound card.
Music featuring RyutoEdit
- Ryuto is featured in 31 songs and 10 albums on this wiki.
- There are listings for notable, original, and cover songs.
Examples of usage
Gachapoid was marketed as a children's VOCALOID designed for singing childrens' songs. He was aimed at young producers. His human form was released late after the announcement, along with his human avatar's name of "Ryuto". He was a departure from the more standard box packages that VOCALOID™ had offered previously. He was also released as a promotional tie-in with a Gachapin promotion.
A special promotional CD case was offered at his time of release.
- His human form wasn't added until right before his release and is not on his box, unlike many other VOCALOIDs. Therefore, early works by fans featured a very different character than the one ultimately introduced, or Gachapin himself takes Gachapoid's place as the song mascot. More art was later added of his humanoid character.
- His mascot's name "Ryuto" wasn't revealed until the illustrations of his humanoid form were released.
- He was the first VOCALOID by Internet co., Ltd not to be a "VOCALOID artist" voicebank.
- Ryuto is based on Gachapin, but he isn't Gachapin himself.
|Ryuto's character status|
Ryuto is amongst the lesser used Vocaloids in Japan and the least popular of the Internet co., Ltd VOCALOIDs.
Ryuto 's Gachapoid software was initially considered for an "Extend" version in 2011, but no further plans for this update have been reported from Internet co. Ltd. In 2013, they confirmed Gachapoid would not get a V3 update. This later changed in 2014 and a update was confirmed, but unlike all other updates, Gachapoid had only a basic update of his "native" vocal and received no additional vocals.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs had less than 1,000 videos uploaded on Nico Nico Douga in 2011 between July 1st and December 15th. Ryuto fell into this category.
In 2015 a survey was made based on the popularity of Vocaloids on website Nico Video. For the year 2014, he was the 37th most popular Vocaloid and the 3rd least popular Japanese Vocal.