Ryūto (リュウト) is a Japanese VOCALOID developed and distributed by Internet Co., Ltd. as Gachapoid (ガチャッポイド), and was released in October 2010 for the VOCALOID2 engine. Later, he was given an update and was released in September 2014 for the VOCALOID3 engine. His voice is provided by Japanese voice actress, Kuniko Amemiya (邦子雨宮; Kuniko Amemiya).
His software name, "Gachapoid", is based on the name "Gachapin", the character he is modeled after. The suffix "poid" on the end of the name is short for "like Vocaloid". Thus, the full implied name of this product is "Gachapin-like Vocaloid".
His appearance is based loosely on Gachpoid's own appearance. It also takes aspects of YAMAHA's "Yamaha XG" midi sound card.
Gachapoid is the only VOCALOID of the VOCALOID2 vocal with additional vocal software support. Gachapoid has access to the VOCALOID-flex engine and is used in conjunction with the software "V-Talk". V-Talk allows Gachapoid to be used in new ways, opening new methods of delicate editing to alter his vocal results. He is the first commercial VOCALOID to have access to this engine. Previously, only the prototype voicebank by Crypton Future Media, CV-4Cβ, was known to have used this engine. The result was that Ryuto's voice had potential that other VOCALOIDs did not.
Users can use this for 6 months, free of charge from the date of installation.
Note: V-Talk does NOT come with Gachapoid V3, only VOCALOID2 Gachapoid.
Examples of UsageEdit
|Music featuring Ryuto|
|This VOCALOID is featured in 15 songs and on 10 albums on this wiki.|
There are listings for notable, original and cover songs.
|External search →|
|To our readers and editors: For section notes, please read this tutorial. And before adding translated videos, please read this tutorial.|
Gachapoid was marketed as a children's VOCALOID designed for singing childrens' songs. He was aimed at young producers. His human form was released late after the announcement, along with his human avatar's name of "Ryuto". He was a departure from the more standard box packages that VOCALOID™ had offered previously. He was also released as a promotional tie-in with a Gachapin promotion.
A special promotional CD case was offered at his time of release.
Gachapoid has a SequencerPlus page.
|To our readers and editors: For section notes, please read Wiki notes:Popularity sections.|
Ryuto is amongst the lesser used Vocaloids in Japan and the least popular of the Internet co., Ltd VOCALOIDs.
Ryuto 's Gachapoid software was initially considered for an "Extend" version in 2011, but no further plans for this update have been reported from Internet co. Ltd. In 2013, they confirmed Gachapoid would not get a V3 update. This later changed in 2014 and a update was confirmed, but unlike all other updates, Gachapoid had only a basic update of his "native" vocal and received no additional vocals.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs had less than 1,000 videos uploaded on Nico Nico Douga in 2011 between July 1st and December 15th. Ryuto fell into this category.
In 2015 a survey was made based on the popularity of Vocaloids on website Nico Video. For the year 2014, he was the 37th most popular Vocaloid and the 3rd least popular Japanese Vocal.
- His human form wasn't added until right before his release and is not on his box, unlike many other VOCALOIDs. Therefore, early works by fans featured a very different character than the one ultimately introduced, or Gachapin himself takes Gachapoid's place as the song mascot. More art was later added of his humanoid character.
- His mascot's name "Ryuto" wasn't revealed until the illustrations of his humanoid form were released.
- He was the first VOCALOID by Internet co., Ltd not to be a "VOCALOID artist" voicebank.
- Ryuto is based on Gachapin, but he isn't Gachapin himself.
- First VOCALOID aimed at children.
- First young vocal from INTERNET Co.
- First commercial VOCALOID to use "Vocaloid-flex"
- First canceled VOCALOID project to be restarted by the original company. (Gachapoid V3)
- First INTERNET Co VOCALOID to be download only. (Gachapoid V3)
- ↑  INTERNET Co.,Ltd - V-Talkサービス
- ↑ link
- ↑ link
- ↑  Vocaloid Blog - 164氏が「最後の約束の物語」のテーマソング（歌：ルシュカ ）の楽曲提供
|Japanese||SingerSongWriter Jp official homepage||Link|
|Japanese||VOCALOID2 Gachapoid product page||Link|
|Japanese||VOCALOID3 Gachapoid product page||Link|
|Japanese||SingerSongWriterjp The official YouTube channel for SingerSongWriter Jp||Link|
|English||deviantArt , art and media community||Link|
|Japanese||Pixiv , art and media community||Link|
|Japanese||Piapro , art and media community||Link|
|English||MikuMikuDance wiki for models||Link|
|English||Fanloid wiki for derivatives||Link|