FANDOM


  • Which Crypton Vocaloid is your most favourite?
     
    328
     
    421
     
    535
     
    757
     
    567
     
    605
     

    The poll was created at 22:17 on November 5, 2010, and so far 3213 people voted.
    Which Crypton Vocaloid is your least favourite?
     
    585
     
    386
     
    800
     
    334
     
    207
     
    254
     

    The poll was created at 22:17 on November 5, 2010, and so far 2566 people voted.
      Loading editor
    • The Fangirls have voteth with blatant obviousness.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

        Loading editor
    • Miku's hate derives from the fact that she hogs most, if not (close to) all of the spotlight, and so lesser known Vocaloids don't have nearly as much songs as her. Yes she made Vocaloid well known but it came at the cost of weeaboo fans thinking that all Vocaloids should be like her and others (especially those from outside Japan) are fakes, and people hate her for that.


      On a more personal note my fav -> least favourites go :

      - Meiko

      - Rin Kagamine

      - Kaito

      - Miku Hatsune

      - Luka Megurine

      - Len Kagamine

        Loading editor
    • I really like Miku, but KAITO is just so relaxing to listen to, I had to pick him. I picked Rin as my least favorite because while I don't hate her, I am still eternally urked by her original and act2 voice bank having glitches like Sonika's but still she still got all that popularity...

        Loading editor
    • For me it has to be:

      Rin

      Len

      Kaito

      Luka

      Miku

      Meiko

        Loading editor
    • To me I like Meiko and Luka equally though they're a bit harder to edit I just prefer the more mature tones in my opinion. I like Kaito and Len as well but starting to like Kaito more since his V3 update. Rin not entirely a fan of I like her tone in certain songs but I don't know maybe its just how the fans portray her as well as the fans themselves can be quite  

      I do respect Miku for making Vocaloid what it is but if it weren't Miku it would have been another Vocaloid that would be in the spotlight. Likely Luka since she was planned to be released before Miku herself but obviously was delayed.

      Overall I just like the Crypton Vocaloids over most others since they have huge capabilities. I do like others though like VY2, Lily, Gumi, Iroha and IA as well as others. Just there is a reason why Crypton Future Media produces some of the most well known Vocaloids.

        Loading editor
    • I couldn't decide! I like them all equally! And i didn't vote on the which one do you dislike the most because i like them all so much! Also, Meiko and Kaito started the vocaloid race. People just say that Miku was first because of the one on her shoulder. Meiko was the first female, then Kaito was the next male, THEN MIKU, Rin was made next, then Len was made because the voice base for Rin complained that there was no male yet, then Luka was introduced. The only reason they believe Kaito wasn't the first male is because he wasn't the first to be introduced to Project Diva, Len was. And Luka was going to be next after Meiko, but she was delayed and was released i believe after everyone else.  

        Loading editor
    • Kaito > Meiko > Luka > Len > Rin > Miku

        Loading editor
    • I personally depsise Len's voice. It's very choppy and it kind of grates on my ears D: I love his design and the idea behind him, but the voice drives me nuts XD I love Rin's act1 with a burning passion though, so much emotion C:

      My favorite Crypton  Vocaloid however is Luka. I love the design, love the voice, and I love how she was the first Vocaloid to break the language barrier (however accented she is XD)

      I feel like the reason people are voting against Miku is that they don't like to vote for the obviously most popular Vocaloid, so they give another Vocaloid some love and downvote Miku for the sake of being fair C:

        Loading editor
    • @Kelly : That Miku logic is pretty flawed. You're essentially saying that people can't not like Miku's voice because they legitametely don't like the voice. You're also implying that Miku is actually people's favourites due to her popularity.

        Loading editor
    • Crypton-wise, Best was Miku for voice versatility (if we're counting appends) but if not, there are still a lot of great Miku original VB songs. Worst was MEIKO because god her voice sucks imho 

      Miku > Luka > KAITO > Kagamines > MEIKO

        Loading editor
    • I prefer KAITO now, at least with his V3, but I know about some KAITO V1 songs where he sounds great too, just that of course he was kind of difficult to work with to make him sound good. Then I have to say Miku, I can't helpt my self, she is the original singer of some of my favorites osngs, and even when she doesn't sound realistic, she has a pretty appealing and original voice (not to mention that she made Vocaloid what it is now). MEIKO is my next Crypton Favorite, her voice sounds good with kind of mature tones and pithed to sound younger too. I have no idea how hard is her software to work with, but her voice is nice. After that, Len, I like his voice in some songs, and I like male vocals, but he doesn't sounds to maculine at times, he is not good with low tones, and he sings in high notes he soudns even more like a female. :/ Luka was for a long time my least favorite Crypton Vocaloid because I tohught that what Crypton was needing was another guy, around Miku's age, not another female around MEIKOor KAITO age (I know they have no official age, but they sound like around the same age). But even when her english was kinda bad, I think that her smoother voice sounds better that Rin's voice, who is my least favorite vocaloid now because of her high pithed voice, not THAT different from Miku's but deeper.

        Loading editor
    • 1.) Len

      2.) Luka

      3.) Rin

      4.) Miku

      5.) Kaito

      6.) Meiko

        Loading editor
    • Meiko's my favorite, Len's my least favorite. 

        Loading editor
    • Plantmageskelly wrote:
      I personally depsise Len's voice. It's very choppy and it kind of grates on my ears D: I love his design and the idea behind him, but the voice drives me nuts XD I love Rin's act1 with a burning passion though, so much emotion C:

      My favorite Crypton  Vocaloid however is Luka. I love the design, love the voice, and I love how she was the first Vocaloid to break the language barrier (however accented she is XD)

      I feel like the reason people are voting against Miku is that they don't like to vote for the obviously most popular Vocaloid, so they give another Vocaloid some love and downvote Miku for the sake of being fair C:

      Did you know the Kagamine twins have the same voice base? They just made Len sound like a boy.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, I'm aware they have the same voice provider (Asami Shimoda), but they do not have the same voice base. Asami is a very skilled voice actress, so she recorded one voicebank in her Rin ("Natural") voice, and one in her Len ("Boyish") voice. Rin and Len do not share voice samples or anything like that. The same goes for their Appends and the upcoming V3 update.

        Loading editor
    • I do beleive all the CV series were voice acted so Rin doesn't have Asami's "natural" voice.

        Loading editor
    • That's why natural was in quotes.

        Loading editor
    • I am confused by that logic.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, to me it said they raised Asami's voice for Rin, and made Asami sound like a boy for Len.

        Loading editor
    • Kinda like airquotes, when you're using quotations in a context that is not directly quoting someone, you can use them to imply something else.

      For instance, if I said:

      "Asami Shimoda's natural voice"

      Then it's just her natural voice, no questions asked.

      BUT C:

      If I said:

      "Asami Shimoda's "natural" voice"

      The quotes indicate it's only not really natural, but is natural in this context.

      Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss grammar rules or anything XDD

        Loading editor
    • That's not the part I didn't understand, but forget it this is annoying me.

        Loading editor
    • I have to second what Serza says... if anything Len's Power append is closer to what her natural singing voice sounds like than Rin is, and even that isn't but so close due to it being voice acted. Asami-san has a pretty strong and clear voice. :-)

      As for who's my most/least favorite, until they all get their V3 release, I'll invoke my right to silence on that. My opinion has shifted at least several times since Kaito's V3 release, and now that Miku's is literally within hours of coming out (or is it already here by the time I've posted this...?), who knows what I'll think by then. XD

        Loading editor
    • ??????????? I'm stuck now........

        Loading editor
    • Let's just end the confusion XDD

      Asami voices both Rin and Len, but she had to voice seperately. They did not raise the pitch or anything, because otherwise the voices would start to sound very VERY similar if you manually raised the pitch in Vocaloid C:

        Loading editor
    • She voice acted a boy for Len and she voice acted a girl for Rin. And that's that.

        Loading editor
    • I've been saying that from the beginning

      I feel like there's a communication barrier here XD

        Loading editor
    • You were saying that Asami is a girl because you put natural in brackets. Which obviously implied that she was voice acting, but that she was a girl doing it and not a woman.

        Loading editor
    • ...what.

        Loading editor
    • Asami is 27 years old, so her natural voice would be that of a woman. By saying Rin is her "natural" voice you're saying that Rin has the voice of a 27 y o woman (Voice acted ofc). 

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I'm done with this conversation XDD

      Once people start throwing semantics around in order to justify something that really makes no sense, I'm done XD

      Also, this thread isn't for that. If you want to keep talking, PM me or something. Although I probably won't answer if it's just a continuation of this... frankly stupid conversation XDD

        Loading editor
    • Yes thank you 8| Thank you for making me feel stupid.

        Loading editor
    • Yaaay! It's over!

      ShionMochi101

        Loading editor
    • Still can't choose which one i dislike! SCREW IT! I won't vote! I can't!

        Loading editor
    • Serza5 wrote:
      Asami is 27 years old, so her natural voice would be that of a woman. By saying Rin is her "natural" voice you're saying that Rin has the voice of a 27 y o woman (Voice acted ofc). 

      Asami also does a good Ami/Mami Futami :)

        Loading editor
    • My two favorites are Megurine Luka and Kaito, while Miku is my least favorite. Though, its not saying I hate Miku at all, I like her allot! o7o

      Though, that might change when her English voicebank comes out. I like her deeper voice in the english V3 demos ouo

        Loading editor
    • Yoshimikufan wrote:
      Serza5 wrote:
      Asami is 27 years old, so her natural voice would be that of a woman. By saying Rin is her "natural" voice you're saying that Rin has the voice of a 27 y o woman (Voice acted ofc). 
      Asami also does a good Ami/Mami Futami :)

      I do love those two, even more than Rin/Len.

        Loading editor
    • I agree.

        Loading editor
    • Then you will love these videos

      Relations

      Kyun! Vampire Girl

      Go My Way!

      Star→to Star→

        Loading editor
    • God, everyone loves Len! XD

        Loading editor
    • Bleh Len is ok, but I have only ever found one song with him I like, which is a cover.

        Loading editor
    • What song is it?

        Loading editor
    • I prefer the Utaites better, like Pokota and 96neko.

        Loading editor
      • PST There's an edit button on your post you know, so you don't double post*


      It was Len and Tei's cover of The Happiness and Piece of Mind Comitee.

        Loading editor
    • OH! Okay! I didn't know... and i listened to that one. I think that was my third Len song after i found him. Butterfly on my right shoulder and his version of dear were my first two by him, then i found that one. That's also how i found Tei. Kaito was my first vocaloid i found after i found the music box version of dear. I found his version of Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu To Mukuro.

        Loading editor
    • Meh, here's my Crypton list:

      >MEIKO

      >Luka Megurine

      >Rin Kagamine

      >Miku Hatsune

      >KAITO

      >Len Kagamine

        Loading editor
    • 76.20.152.224 wrote:
      I prefer the Utaites better, like Pokota and 96neko.

      OMG! THOSE TWO ARE MY FAVS TOO! Well, besides Mi-chan!

        Loading editor
    • I think Luka and Kaito make a good pair! They're voices go together well!

        Loading editor
    • I really can't choose >w<

      I'm kind of sad that so many people have voted Miku as the least favourite. I think it might be because she's so popular so everyone has to be 'different' or 'original' by hating her just because she gets the most attention or the most songs. I really love Miku and to be brutally honest, I probably wouldn't know about Vocaloid without her. Because of that, Vocaloid has become one of my favourite things! Between the lyrics and the melodies, I really love just everything about it. ^w^ But I honestly don't see a reason to 'hate' Miku.

        Loading editor
    • I'm in that awkward position where the only CFM I actually like is Kaito and he is on my top 10 vocals list. O_o

      Miku and Rin are amongst my bottom 10...

        Loading editor
    • Rin is my favorite crypton vocaloid but not my all time favorite vocaloid

        Loading editor
    • I actually quite like Miku although it gets tiring hearing her over and over in so many originals. Aye there is covers but leave some originals for the other vocals please. :C

        Loading editor
    • Yoshimikufan wrote:
      Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

      miku haters are jt machinima fanboys like me.

        Loading editor
    • I'm a MEIKO and KAITO fan.  But I picked MEIKO on the list because she has less love than him

      And I don't care much for Len's voice.... so...

        Loading editor
    • Serza5
      Serza5 removed this reply because:
      Same hater
      19:55, September 28, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Serza5 wrote:
      I actually quite like Miku although it gets tiring hearing her over and over in so many originals. Aye there is covers but leave some originals for the other vocals please

      I wish I could use more voices but I'm limited to miku and miriam

        Loading editor
    • I don't mean to say that using Miku is bad if she's all you have. Just that it'd be nice to see one other Vocaloid get some decent spotlight....and no i'm not counting IA.

        Loading editor
    • StarsandPeacesigns
      StarsandPeacesigns removed this reply because:
      :-/
      06:02, March 11, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Hm sorta yes on the first part. The only thing is that we're reaching the point where there's similar voices so the likes of Rion could easily handle a good chunk of Miku's songs due to the similarities in their voices. That is to say Rion can't do all of Miku's songs since there is going to be songs that only Miku could do.


      So I wouldn't say "if they suit it better" more like "if they can do it just as well"...at the least ofc.

        Loading editor
    • I am more judging by voice 'sound' wise and completely fair. These are just opinions

      Umm Well I actually like Mikus voice and songs more than design choice and i have mixed feelings on the rest of them so..

      +Miku (refer to the begining of my writing,also just out of criptonloids)

      +Kaito (he sounds good in matters of voice

      + - Luka/Rin/Meiko (ok)

      -Len.

        Loading editor
    • Mine's gotta go:

      -Len/Kaito (I can't choose!)

      -Luka

      -Miku

      -Meiko

      -Rin

      I don't hate any of them, i just like Len and Kaito the most! >.<

        Loading editor
    • My favorite is Luka because she sounds so awesome.

      Second favorite is Kaito because, awesome sauce.

      Third favorite is Len because, he reminds me of my older brother. Especially when I listen to Servant of Evil. D:

      Fourth favorite is either Rin or Miku BECAUSE THEY IS SO DANG CUTE!

      Least favorite is Meiko BECAUSE SHE BORES ME TO DEATH!

        Loading editor
    • Just to remark two facts before vote:

      VOTE FOR ANY OTHER VOCALOID BUT MIKU DON'T MAKES YOU A MIKU-HATER is just that you prefer others beside her.

      VOTE FOR MIKU AS THE LESS FAVOURITE DON'T MAKES YOU A MIKU-HATER she's just your less favourite.

      Hate is a very extreme feeling. Remember, don't like something don't means you HATE it.


      Now I voted and it was first place for Luka then KAITO>MEIKO>Len>Miku and Rin at the less fave.

        Loading editor
    • I sadly have to say that I really don't like Meiko's voice. I want to like it but I just don't... And I just don't really care for Miku. I mean, she's okay but doesn't make me squeal everytime I here her (Kaito does that XD) but does she have some cool and catchy songs? Yeah. To me, she's about as good as many other Japanese female vocals. It just depends on the song...

        Loading editor
    • My favorite out of all the Vocaloids would be Luka. My least favorite Crypton would be Miku, I still don't understand why people enjoy her voice.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, I should also post my favorites from Crypton in order. 1. Luka 2. Len 3. Meiko 4. Rin 5. Kaito 6. Miku

        Loading editor
    • I haven't actually arranged a list huh? .3.

      1) KAITO

      2) MEIKO (KAITO/MEIKO are pretty much tied IMO... it doesn't matter who's 1st or 2nd here...)

      3) Kagamine Rin

      4) Hatsune Miku (Surprise, surprise.... still not my favorite... =3=  But if it's just CFM, I don't have a choice)

      5) Megurine Luka (Honestly, I'm not too fond of her voice.  I like her design... but there's very few solo Luka songs I like...)

      6) Kagamine Len (Mehhhhh, again, few solo Len songs I like.... I'm not fond of his voice either, I prefer Rin.)

        Loading editor
    • I love vocaloid, I really do, but enough of the cute vocals already. Anways, I don't really have a list but some of my favorites are IA, Meiko, Kaito V3, and Miku. So many producers high pitch IA's voice when using her. I don't know why. She sounds just fine when lower pitched. Meiko has potential too, considering that her V3 will be released soon this year. I favor the more mature sounding vocals. 

        Loading editor
    • ^ You are aware this poll is just for Vocaloids made by Crypton right?

        Loading editor
    • My list has changed.

      1.Luka

      2.Len

      3.Meiko

      4.Kaito

      5.Rin

      6.Miku

      Not much difference except that Kaito and Rin switched places.

        Loading editor
    • My no1 favorite will always be Meiko. Igashio, Yuukiss, Shu-t, too many Meiko legendary users to count with absolutely fantastic songs.

      My least favorite is Rin because of the voice itself. I mean, we sure have heard Asami Simoda's previous work for the Idolm@ster, voicing Ami and Mami and giving them cute as hell voices. If Rin had a voice similar to their and without all the sharpness, she would defininately have been more of my liking.

        Loading editor
    • My favourite has to be Miku - she's the reason I found out about Vocaloid, and her songs are my favourites. I actually love her voice; the fact you can tell it's been generated into a song adds to that overall 'vocaloid' feel for me, and alike to me, she sings at a high pitch. The overall colour scheme for me is also nice; I just feel they could do with giving a variation to her outfits (a lot are big dresses..). I think part of the reason for Miku not being as popular as on intial release is due to the fact she is promoted as the 'main' vocaloid; she is the one who gets her own concerts (which some of the others appear in), the majority of songs and perhaps the most exposure.

      I agree that she does seem to get the majority of original songs, but I feel this is down to the way in which she has been marketed and promoted when Vocaloid Series 2 was being launched. She received the best feedback, and so like any marketing company, she was used to try and increase sales/popularity. It would be nice to see some other vocaloids get some original songs, though - I enjoy Kaito's songs, particularly Cantarella, and also the mix of vocaloids in 'Madness of Duke Venomania'.

      I like Len mainly because of his outfits; he's got the best array of them, alongside Luka.


      I wouldn't say there is any I particularly dislike, as I haven't listened to all of them yet. But perhaps so far, Meiko is my least favourite - at times her voice can be a bit glitchy which I don't like, but then again, this may only be in the songs I've heard her in.

        Loading editor
    • My favorite is Rin. I like MEIKO. I don't like, but I don't dislike (???)KAITO. I don't like  Luka, I really dislike her voice. I hate Miku and Len with a burning passion (because of their voices).

        Loading editor
    • Cheeri's list (Favourites starting at the top then down to least fav) : Len Miku Rin Luka Kaito Meiko

        Loading editor
    • Top down? More like from Left to right. Sorry about that, didn't go the way I planned :/

        Loading editor
    • I really like all the Crypton Future Media Vocaloids, but I guess if I was going to rank them, from most to least favourite, I would have to say:

      -Rin

      -Len

      -Kaito

      -Miku

      -Meiko

      -Luka

      From all the other Vocaloids, I really like SeeU, SF-A2 codename miki, and Utatane Piko!

        Loading editor
    • I suppose my list would be:

      -Meiko

      -Miku

      -Kaito

      -Luka

      -Kagamines (It's not that I don't like Rin and Len, but still >.>)

      I don't dislike any of them. Especially Meiko, since her V3 will be released in 2 days. 

        Loading editor
    • ... Is it weird that I voted the most hated (Miku) for my favorite and the most liked (Len) as my most hated???

      Gawd. The Cryptonloids are too mainstream ... my favorites aren't here, so I had to decide between Miku and Rin... Miku has waay more songs on my phone than Rin so... yeah.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Nah tis all different tastes at the end of the day. I voted Len as my least fav as well.

        Loading editor
    • >Len

      >Luka

      >KAITO

      >Miku

      >MEIKO

      Meiko's voice honestly hurts my ears, even her V3 does. I would like her more if she didn't hurt my ears uwu;;

        Loading editor
    • ^You forgot Rin, just saying.

        Loading editor
    • Well.... Meiko actually kinda sounds good :) Except she's kinda more on the alto side of vocaloid *ahemLukaahem*

        Loading editor
    • ^ Please enlighten me as to what you mean by "alto side of vocaloid" ?

        Loading editor
    • Ya know... Soprano, Mezzo, Alto? It's the lowest tone in the girls? Choirs?

        Loading editor
    • It's kinda like a deep voice.

        Loading editor
    • Excuse me then. I'm not that great with technical terms especially for music.

        Loading editor
    • Nah. It's cool :) Gawd the english cover of A Realistic Logical Ideologist by Jubyphonic sounds good...

        Loading editor
    • Its not that I hate miku, She's Great and all, But I found out about Voacloids Through Rin & Len, Not Miku. I just, Dont really think Mikus Voice is that intersting... Dont extreme Hate-Flame Me, Okay? >_<

      Here's My personal List, Just because its mine, agaIn, Doesn't mean you have to feel the same way.

      1. Kagamine Rin.

      < I just really relate with most of her songs, and her voice is less monotone, and more clear.>

      2. Kagamine Len.

      <Kagamine Rin and len are like peanut butter and jelly, Cant have one without the other. And they make a Damn Fine sandwich.>

      3. Kaito.

      <Ive been listening to his songs lately and have taken more of a liking to him.>

      4. Megurine Luka.

      <Shes the one out of the bottom three I dislike the least...>

      5. Meiko

      <Just... Meh.>

      6. Hastune Miku.

      <While its true I dislike her because she has a lot of spotlight and camera time, If I am giving an unbiased opinion it is because her voice is kind of smooth and monotone, While thats nice for some other Vocaloids, Hers falls flat for me, and just is more boing.>


      Please dont flame me x_x

        Loading editor
    • @Anon 70 : That "don't hate me please" attitude is going to get annoying after a while if you keep at it. I can understand that you don't want people to be angry at you but you're literally just saying "I can't take hate at all".


      If you want peace of mind for now I can assure you most people here don't like Miku as much as others.

        Loading editor
    • Eh, to be honest, my list'd have to go like this:

      1. MEIKO (Her voice is wonderfully deep. <3)

      2. KAITO (His voice can handle a lot, except for especially high notes.)

      3. Megurine Luka (A deep voiced vocal, also impressive Engrish voicebank.)

      4. Len Kagamine (Eh, I like a few of his songs. His vocal type is a bit too high.)

      5. Rin Kagamine (Her Vocal type is waaay too high for me. Hurts my ears.)

      6. Miku freaking Hatsune (Her voice is like needles to my ears. I mean, I like SOME of her songs, but only covered by someone else.)

      My opinions. <3

        Loading editor
    • I'm on Serza with this.  Why do people feel the need to write "Don't hate me, it's my opinion" or just "my opinions~"

      We all get it, you're entitled to your own opinions, blah blah blah.  Hello, keep in mind that some of us are 16 - 30 years old here, we understand.  But keep saying "my opinion/don't hate me" and it'll become annoying and shows that you're not mature enough to handle criticism.

        Loading editor
    • I understand that can be annoying but the whole please don't hate me part probably comes From the internet because no offense people on the internet can be really nasty to other people and you hear all these awful stories about it or it actually happens to you and you get fear of receiving pointless hate. There is quite a fine line between crticism and uneeded hatred. Crticism is giving someone pointers and trying to help them and if the person you are critiquing says something rude you should move on because they don't understand the difference between hate and criticism or they think they are perfect. Uneeded hate however is something like I got on my first video  I posted the person told me both my art and song "F*cking Sucks" that's pointless hate. This post is so long.

        Loading editor
    • Also keep in mind, that this is a POLL.  It's expected that you have different opinions and it's encouraged that you share them.  Some people will love/like Miku, some people will hate/dislike her and some people are in between, which is the same for the other Crypton VOCALOIDs on here.  

      The only issue there would be is if someone outright disagrees with you and gives you complete shit about it, saying how much you're wrong and you must be incredibly idiotic, which isn't right.  

      @ Musicnote - It also seems like you picked up a troll, not a critic.  A critic would tell you how to improve or what they like about your work, not outright say that it sucks.  A supporter would be someone who encourages you to continue even if it's the small words of "Good job, keep it up, I like it".  

      For the wiki, we try not to be "snappy" about opinions... unless it's something totally off course or unnecessary like "Miku is such a bitch" or *insert extremely long or pointless headcanon that makes no sense here* as we try to keep this place peaceful and informative.

      Then again, I haven't been here for a whole year, so there's still things I don't even know when it comes to how people behave or the rules of etiquette when commenting. :U

      EDIT: Holy biscuits, I write long... *Facepalm*

        Loading editor
    • That's one thing I wonder. Why comment with your opinion if you think someone is going to give you hate. Instead of saying please don't hate me just say what you need to say or don't comment at all especially here where hate is not tolerated.

        Loading editor
    • Misteryeevee wrote:

      For the wiki, we try not to be "snappy" about opinions... unless it's something totally off course or unnecessary like "Miku is such a bitch" or *insert extremely long or pointless headcanon that makes no sense here* as we try to keep this place peaceful and informative.

      The only other real thing this wiki tends to snap at are people who aren't open minded. While we try to educate first before writing someone off as narrowminded we tend to snap over people who even so slightly glorifies the Crpytons and keeps "old traditions" (stuff like char items) close to them.


      Also while I've had issues with the Wiki (and sometimes continue to do so) i've never really had a problem with the community as a whole other than being called a bitch that one time on Miku Eng's page I beleive it was.

        Loading editor
    • @Serza - I tend to become frustrated when people don't seem to understand the point... which somewhat ties into the "open minded" topic.  Like the recent "Neru = Kanon" headcanon... it was so frustrating to try to explain that while the headcanon is "harmless" to them, it could also be twisted into things that aren't good for the fandom at all and it can be misinformative.  Not to mention that that person was defending the YouTuber who came up with the idea in the first place, who was actually snooty and going "I DON'T CARE, KANON IS NERU, THIS IS MY OPINION, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT" or something along these lines. Explaining things isn't something I'm good at, as my syntax can become confusing at times and I cannot explain my point well.

      And calling people a bitch or other words is uncalled for here... or anywhere really =3=

      Wasn't there someone who literally tried to convince visitors that certain people, aka, the frequent visitors/posters (and actually listing the usernames) were bossy or trying to control how they view things or something of that sort?  I was still new to the wiki at this time, but I thought I saw something like that...

        Loading editor
    • Aye I personally have a problem with people like that but never really mentioned it as I saw it as a general thing rather than something specific or notable about the people here.


      And that was the thing I was referring to actually, needless to say I was one of the people mentioned there.

        Loading editor
    • Ough, calling people out and claiming that they're doing something wrong when they're not is just... NO.  Especially when they're picking on the people who visit here frequently ... I do remember that you were one of the ones called out, along with Angel, Dizzy, Bunai and Sketchdevil I think.

      ... I should probably stop now before we go really off topic. ^^;

        Loading editor
    • Fave: Hatsune Miku...(I love them all, But Miku still ranks Highest along with Luka, Len and Kaito)

      Least Fave: Kagamine Len and Rin (eh, Not a Big fan, I like em, their just not my faves)

        Loading editor
    • Fave: Miku then the twins then meiko then kaito

      Least Fave: Luka. I don't like her voice and pink is also my least favorite color

        Loading editor
    • I love Miku the most for her voice suit me the most and i like Luka the least cause i just don't like anything about her sorry folks if that offend you

        Loading editor
    • Miku Hatsune Vocaloid 01
      Miku Hatsune Vocaloid 01 removed this reply because:
      knew what she or he wrote has nothing to do with what I wrote.
      19:03, March 3, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • TenshiAkari12
      TenshiAkari12 removed this reply because:
      RP spam.
      00:29, March 4, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Oh fuck me roleplayers have come on this wikia.

        Loading editor
    • @ "Miku Hatsune Vocaloid 01" - There is NO roleplaying on this thread

        Loading editor
    • Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope and nope this is not a place for roleplaying please I ask you to stop

        Loading editor
    • I don't dislike any of them. Some people say Hatsune's voice is like "needles to their ears". I don't see how any of their voices can be like that. They're all good in their own way.

        Loading editor
    • @Anon 75: While you mean well your statement assumes that all people have the same set of ears that can hear the same thing. Some people, on here especially, have trouble listening to voices because their ears simply can not handle it physically.

        Loading editor
    • @Serza5 

      Yeah, I know what you mean. Some people, though, just don't like their voices and talk shit about it. Rather unfortunate, wouldn't you say? I'm not sayinng people can't state their thoughts, but still...

        Loading editor
    • "Unfortunate", as though it was "unfortunate" that any of the Vocaloids here so happen to have a few people who dislike them. Besides people will hate and there's no point associating youself with people who are that low.

        Loading editor
    • Most Favorite (descending order):

      Meiko, Miku, Luka, Rin

      Least Favorite: Male Vocals, including outside of Crypton (nah just kidding)

      • Waits for shotguns/shurikens/swords/cannonballs/leeks/frying pans/road roller*
        Loading editor
    • StarsandPeacesigns
      StarsandPeacesigns removed this reply because:
      :-/
      06:03, March 11, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Yoshimikufan wrote:
      Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

      You could also say with that without Leon, Lola, and Miriam, we wouldn't have Vocaloids at all (this could extend to Meiko and Kaito too). 

        Loading editor
    • ^ Though I admit that I knew about VOCALOID because of Miku (Actually, because anime club introduced me to it)...  there are people here that's been here pre-Miku or found other VOCALOIDs outside of Crypton first.

        Loading editor
    • I beleive there are people here who were into Vocaloid at the time Leon/Lola came out, as a matter of general interest in the rise of Voice synth software. Vocaloid fandom seems to forget that these users, do in fact, still exist because it's not like all the Vocaloid sales come from fans or Vocaloid specific producers.

        Loading editor
    • StarsandPeacesigns
      StarsandPeacesigns removed this reply because:
      :-/
      06:03, March 11, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Serza5 wrote:
      Vocaloid fandom seems to forget that these users, do in fact, still exist because it's not like all the Vocaloid sales come from fans or Vocaloid specific producers.

      True that. There are professionals who use them "not" for the vocaloid fandom (NND, YT) but for a broader use (such as Susumu Hirasawa who used Lola for The Girl in Byakkoya). 

        Loading editor
    • Bunai82
      Bunai82 removed this reply because:
      chronic spammer
      18:55, March 17, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • MEIKO All the way49.146.223.29!!! She just lacks editing, and good songs. And I think not alot of people like her because of her design, she's supposed to be mature and her voice is mature.

        Loading editor
    • 49.146.223.29 wrote:
      MEIKO All the way49.146.223.29!!! She just lacks editing, and good songs. And I think not alot of people like her because of her design, she's supposed to be mature and her voice is mature.

      I think we'll get along. MEIKO All the way! And I agree, most people think she's old so they really don't like her (damn anime stereotypes) >.>

        Loading editor
    • ^MEIKO FTW!!! Many don't like her voice but honestly, I don't see many things bad about it. If anything, it's more unique than the other Crypton Vocaloids and stands out the most to me. ♪(´ε` )

        Loading editor
    • Miku Hatsune Vocaloid 01
      Miku Hatsune Vocaloid 01 removed this reply because:
      'Cause i just want!
      00:51, March 30, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • "She's the most important Vocaloid, because she was the first Japanese Vocaloid". Of course she is more important than the first ever Vocaloids because those where English and not Japanese am I right? Nothing is more important than Japan right?

        Loading editor
    • ^Things just got real. O_O

        Loading editor
    • I'm sorry but- there is holding opinions on something, and then there is talking about opinions as though they were solid facts.

        Loading editor
    • Serza5 "Oh fuck me roleplayers have come on this wikia." 19:23, 3 March 2014

      Misteryeevee "@ "Miku Hatsune Vocaloid 01" - There is NO roleplaying on this thread" 19:29, 3 March 2014

      welp

        Loading editor
    • Something up Umbreon?

      ....... and I just noticed that Miku rper is still here... why are they still allowed with that user name?

        Loading editor
    • I see no issue with the account itself, or even roleplaying on here for that matter, but as the wise Oak once said : "There's a time and place for everything".

        Loading editor
    • I don't like the Vocaloid roleplayers because Vocaloids are designed to "not" have any traits (unless designed). Plus the fact that they could be spreading false truth is another no no for me.

        Loading editor
    • I don't mind Vocaloid role playing, but I'm not a fan of it, either. Sometimes role players give off wrong information and it gets everyone confused. Plus, people might think that the Vocaloids that they're role playing actually have those official personalities or traits.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Even so information boards such as here is hardly the appropiate place to roleplay.

        Loading editor
    • I'm a VOCALOID rper... but I literally have a NOTE on my page saying that personalities portrayed on this page is fictional and should not be taken as a serious or offical trait

        Loading editor
    • I am extremely in love with Rin when she sings in a lower voice

        Loading editor
    • all of them

        Loading editor
    • all of them that say ok

        Loading editor
    • MEIKO, I have to say is my favorite of the Cryptonloids, ESPECIALLY with her v3 update that no longer has that odd metallic sound when used. My least fav I have to say is Len. I don't hate him AT ALL(In fact I'm completley against Vocaloid hate. I wrote a HUGE rant about how much I hated it in about 2-3 comments XD) but he's definitley not at the top of my list.

      My list being:

      MEIKO

      Miku

      Luka

      KAITO

      Rin

      Len

        Loading editor
    • I can't say who my least is! I love all of them that I've discovered so far! Bu thtere is one that's not on the list. It's Anon and Kanon. Hm...I just don't really like them....

        Loading editor
    • Yoshimikufan wrote:
      Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

      Thank you! That doesn't make any sense at all. They should at least be greatful for Miku even existing. LIke you said, or there'd be no vocaloid at all! (Well, japanese...)

        Loading editor
    • I can't pick a lest favorite vocaloid. I'd have to say somewhere between Luka and Meiko. I love them, but i'm more reluctant to go find a Kaito, Miku, Len, or Rin song, then go find one of theirs. But the one i would've picked that wasn't upt here would be Gakupo. I don't have anything against him (Except for in The Madness of Duke Venomania) He just.....i don't know...

        Loading editor
    • Oh! I'm not sure if Anon and Kanon are made by Crypton or not! My apologies, I'm aware this poll is only for Crypton Vocaloids!

        Loading editor
    • Twinny^-^Tails wrote:
      I can't say who my least is! I love all of them that I've discovered so far! Bu thtere is one that's not on the list. It's Anon and Kanon. Hm...I just don't really like them....
      Of course it's not on the list, this is Crypton VOCALOIDs only :I

      Seems you answered your own question

      @ Rinny - "LIke you said, or there'd be no vocaloid at all! (Well, japanese...)".  Miku isn't even the first VOCALOID.  Without her, VOCALOID would just simply be less popular than it is now and many VOCALOIDs wouldn't be here since they are influenced by her and the CV VOCALOIDs.  It doesn't mean "There'd be no VOCALOID at all" as there are four English and two Japanese VOCALOIDs before her.

      Also.  Gakupo is not a Crypton VOCALOID, and is therefore not on the list :I

        Loading editor
    • AH! I forgot! I'm so stupid sometimes! I knew that...I was just....yah..I was just having a moment!

        Loading editor
    • Misteryeevee wrote:
      Twinny^-^Tails wrote:
      I can't say who my least is! I love all of them that I've discovered so far! Bu thtere is one that's not on the list. It's Anon and Kanon. Hm...I just don't really like them....
      Of course it's not on the list, this is Crypton VOCALOIDs only :I

      Seems you answered your own question

      @ Rinny - "LIke you said, or there'd be no vocaloid at all! (Well, japanese...)".  Miku isn't even the first VOCALOID.  Without her, VOCALOID would just simply be less popular than it is now and many VOCALOIDs wouldn't be here since they are influenced by her and the CV VOCALOIDs.  It doesn't mean "There'd be no VOCALOID at all" as there are four English and two Japanese VOCALOIDs before her.

      Also.  Gakupo is not a Crypton VOCALOID, and is therefore not on the list :I


      I have an habit of doing that! I SHOULD'VE DONE MY RESEARCH BEFORE TYPING! GAHHHHH! NOW I SEEM LIKE (oops! no caps! how rude of me!) an ungrateful Vocaloid fan! My apologies....again!

        Loading editor
    • @ Rinny and Twinny - It's not a problem.  You're both learning, that's the good thing :)  

      To be frank, you two aren't as bad as some people in the fandom.  If that somewhat helps, heh~

        Loading editor
    • Thanks! (I wish VOCALOID was a school subject sometimes! Wouldn't that be fun?) I've only really known about them for like, 4 years, but during that i only really knew who Miku was. I didn't really know about the others. Plus, i had limited access to reasearching all i wanted about them until now. 

        Loading editor
    • @RinTwinDuo : Let's put it this way; some fans go in a hissy fit everytime someone corrects them on information they got wrong, so that already makes you two better than a fair chunk of fans.

        Loading editor
    • @Serza5: That makes me feel good! Though I'm usually kinda modest, so I'm a bit embarrased at being complimented, but thank you! ^_^

        Loading editor
    • @Serza5 - Thanks! It me a minute to realize exactly who you were talking too....

      (This is why everytime i take a personality test it says my thinking is zero....)

        Loading editor
    • If you guys go through YouTube comments, then yeah.... there's like a huge chunk of Western fans that don't really know their stuff.  I mean, some things that are considered to be common knowledge here, doesn't seem to apply over there :/  

      Oh, I remember saying that Rin and Len's relationship could be interpretted freely and I had like 3 different YouTubers come at me and try to say I'm wrong.  So you two are quite good.

      So I'll leave this here: Welcome to the VOCALOID Wiki.  If you've got any questions to ask, feel free to do so, we don't bite.... or try not to (We only get nasty if things get really bad in terms of behavior, that's really it).  We hope you enjoy your stay.

      ...................... steering back to the topic, I'm still fighting with myself over who should be first or second on my list.... I think because of MEIKO V3, she might be at the top and KAITO is second for me ^^;

        Loading editor
    • @Misteryeevee - Sometimes Vocaloid can get so...special to you (I can't think of the right word) that it can be kind of hard to respect others opinions. 

      I happen to love MEIKO V3 too

        Loading editor
    • @ Rinny - Ah yes.  I often get that feeling when trying to educate a new fan or a weeb fan at school or somewhere.  It's very hard to think in terms on how the other fan thinks and try not to get so frustrated when teaching them (especially very headstrong and determined weeb fans that only believe what the fandumb side tells them).  It is the same for relationships for VOCALOID (ships, Kagamine status, etc).  I guess anyone could feel this way in ANY fandom, actually.

      Luka is on the second to last of my list.  I don't really care much for songs by herself.  I do like her voice, just not as much as the others.  Perhaps Luka V3 can turn this around.

        Loading editor
    • I really like Meiko's voice. Not to mention, it was hard choosing between her and Luka. Plus, Shu-tP makes some awesome Meiko songs. And her V3 is amazing and I can't describe how much I love her voice.

      My least favorite would be Len. He just doesn't sound right to me, and his voice can be a bit annoying to hear.

        Loading editor
    • I don't know who would be on my least favorite, but my most favorite is Len, hands down. My first song was Servant of Evil. And not to mention after listening to it I went on a song-hunting spree just to see who the Vocaloids are and just to see if Len/Rin would sound different.

        Loading editor
    • I hate when people say 'Why do people hate Miku? If it weren't for her we wouldn't know Vocaloid' I'm sure Rin and Len would have done just as well as she did if she was never released.

      Her voice is so high pitched it gives me a headache and she's EVERYWHERE. Part of my hate for her is because she's popular, yes, but if she was a more minor Vocaloid I really wouldn't hate her much at all because I could easily avoid her.

        Loading editor
    • It sucks that things happen amiright?


      In all seriousness the fact that Miku became big is something that happened, and did influence Vocaloid so it's not something you can simply hide, no matter how many times you say "X Vocaloid would've just as easily taken the throne". Of course that doesn't mean you can't dislike her especially for the reasons you've given, but that first arguement isn't the most stable.

        Loading editor
    • I wasn't saying I want to change the past, I'm just saying people who arugue with "Without Miku Vocaloid wouldn't be popular" isn't all that valid and pisses me off.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, Miku fangirls that spam that "OMG Miku is better" on another Vocaloid video annoys me, and that's the reason why she isn't in my top 5. I actually prefer certain barely-known male vocals...for reasons.

        Loading editor
    • From most to least favorite for me would be:

      Kaito < especially the voicebank updates, his V3 is really good (thus my favorite)

      Len < I like his design (especially his Append design, along with Rin's), his voice is nice too

      Rin = Luka < It's weird, I just can't seem to choose between the two, though their voices are quite different. (because even without a V3 their voices so far are nice.)

      Meiko < I just don't really like her voice (so far the only song I can think of from the top of my head that I like that has Meiko in it is Evil Food Eater Conchita and one I just listened to recently that I don't know the english title of.)

      Miku < For some reason, I just can't see how she is so 'amazing'. I never have, even since the first time I discovered Vocaloid, and her fans who always say some form of 'Miku is like the best!' annoys me. 

        Loading editor
    • If this was a poll asking for your top 5 Vocaloids, probably, mine would be full of males (save for 1) and it isn't Miku.

      IDK why...she's not just that awesome for me. I prefer Luka and Meiko over her, since I like their songs.

        Loading editor
    • I know Len fangirls have a bad reputation but I genuinely love how his voice sounds when it is properly used! Can't wait for a V3 update. His design is pretty nice too.

      Least favorite would have to be Rin because something about her voice really bothers my ears. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm a bit surprised for Miku...I like her if it wasn't for her then I wouldn't know Vocaloid or even help the fandom(community) and I guess because of fangirls...either Len or Kaito (I'm not saying they're bad reputation)...I was expecting for MEIKO (V1) since it's so squeaky than the V3 version.

        Loading editor
    • In most communities like this where more than just the Crypton's are talked about you get a lot of people that hate Miku for overshadowing their popularity, particulary when it comes to really unpopular Vocaloids. You get the odd few that at least like her enough to appreciate the fact she made Vocaloid popular but otherwise aye.


      There's also the fact that some people can't stand high pitched voices because it literally hurts their ears.

        Loading editor
    • To be honest, I don't hate Miku, I just get annoyed by her sometimes because it's hard to avoid her on Youtube when I'm trying to listen to other VOCALOIDs. Though, at the same time I feel silly for saying that, since she isn't even real and it isn't her fault. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of her voice, but she's alright. Rin and Len are okay, too. It depends on how well producers use them. Sometimes, producers use them very well, and sometimes, not so much. So they're okay with me. Meiko has a nice voice, but she's a bit hard to work with (I've heard), so sometimes Vocaloid users make her sound a little... Icky. But, she does sound very nice if used right. Kaito has a good voice, too, but I'm more interested in his V3 update than his original VOCALOID voicebank. Luka has a cool sound. She is used fairly well in many songs, but sometimes producers don't tune her right, and then she sounds bad. But overall, I like her. I like Crypton's Vocaloids, but they aren't my #1 favorite.

        Loading editor
    • Also, I think someone has said this before here, but saying that "Why does everyone hate Miku? If it weren't for her, you wouldn't have found out about Vocaloid!" doesn't make sense. Yes, it might be true that the first Vocaloid you found was Miku because of her huge popularity, but that doesn't mean you owe something to her just because she's probably the reason you got into Vocaloid in the first place. So it's okay to not like Miku even if she was the reason you're a Vocaloid fan. You don't need to be like, "Oh, I'm not a huge fan of Miku, but I owe it to her since I found Vocaloid through her." You don't have to like her because of that. :)

        Loading editor
    • It's probable that many other Vocaloids, had they been in the same place as Miku, would also have made Vocaloid popular. A lot of Miku's boom was due to timing – it was just when video sharing sites were coming into fore, and she appealed to a strong internet demographic. It is unlikely there is anything specific about teal twintails or cut-off sleeves that hypnotised the masses, therefore how much we 'owe' to Miku is always debatable. orz

        Loading editor
    • I'm one of those who has trouble listening to her, since my ears start ringing. She, however, is not the only Vocaloid to do that and among them are Rin, Sonika, Tone Rion, even Oliver has done it from time to time.

      The other trouble with Miku is the ENTIRE franchise is often judged by her vocie only. So it doesn't matter about vocals like Big Al, Iroha, etc, because Miku will instantly bring up this idea of "Vocaloid = chipmonk". Because if there is one thing I've learnt about anti-Vocaloid fans, is they don't do any research at all, so just react to the first thing they see, which normally is Miku.

      Other then that, her image is in the face of everyone as soon as you go onto a site, from here at the wikia, to wikipedia, to youtube, tumblr, NND, etc. Its okay if you have no issues with her, but for some, this is just too much. I admit, even I get bored stiff of seeing her and I consider myself one of those fans who isn't bothered by her popularity. I have several Vocals that don't appeal to me and at least I can enjoy a few of her Appends with no probs.

      Basically, the issue with fans hating on her lies somewhere between jealous and frustration, both can lead to a form of bias forming towards her even when the person isn't nessecary anti-Miku. :-/

        Loading editor
    • Angel Emfrbl wrote: The other trouble with Miku is the ENTIRE franchise is often judged by her vocie only. So it doesn't matter about vocals like Big Al, Iroha, etc, because Miku will instantly bring up this idea of "Vocaloid = chipmonk". Because if there is one thing I've learnt about anti-Vocaloid fans, is they don't do any research at all, so just react to the first thing they see, which normally is Miku.

      Yes, I've noticed that, too. I've seen comments on Vocaloid videos where people state that they hate Vocaloids because they sound like robotic chipmunks, even though there is a wide range of Vocaloids with lower pitches. Some Vocaloids do sound robotic, but what do you expect? It's a synthesizer program.

        Loading editor
    • Favorite: Luka.

      Least Favorite: Rin.

      (Sorry Rin, I like ya alot but I like the others more)

        Loading editor
    • 98.213.181.90 wrote:

      Angel Emfrbl wrote: The other trouble with Miku is the ENTIRE franchise is often judged by her vocie only. So it doesn't matter about vocals like Big Al, Iroha, etc, because Miku will instantly bring up this idea of "Vocaloid = chipmonk". Because if there is one thing I've learnt about anti-Vocaloid fans, is they don't do any research at all, so just react to the first thing they see, which normally is Miku.

      Yes, I've noticed that, too. I've seen comments on Vocaloid videos where people state that they hate Vocaloids because they sound like robotic chipmunks, even though there is a wide range of Vocaloids with lower pitches. Some Vocaloids do sound robotic, but what do you expect? It's a synthesizer program.

      Having shown someone Big Al before the reaction can be hilarious.

      ITs from one extreme to the other.

        Loading editor
    • 1)Miku

      2)Len

      3)Meiko

      4)Luka

      5)Rin

      5)Kaito


      Yeah my list have a lot of difference from others

        Loading editor
    • I hate it when fans hate Miku for things she can't control. I understand if you don't like her because of her voicebanks and maybe you don't fancy her looks, but why do you hate her for bein the most popular? Miku can't control her fame and it isn't her fault that a lot Vocaloids don't get as much attention. She's only a computer. She can't make herself less popular and she can't give attention to other Vocaloids. If you want other vocaloids to get recognition, then take it to the producers and the fans. Just don't whine about it because like I said before, SHE IS ONLY A COMPUTER!!!

        Loading editor
    • ^ It's not so much the fact that Miku is popular, but the idea that she is overrated, or overused, and that Producers continue to use her because she ultimetely get's more views on videos than any other Vocaloid. This is the sad unfortunate truth of Miku's fame; it is not that producers don't use other Vocaloids but that most Vocaloids will never get as many views on their songs as what Miku gets (Do note I do say most and not all).


      Is this controlled by Miku? It's not controlled by her physically no but her existense ensures that her fame stands provided that there are still hundreds of fans glorifying her.

        Loading editor
    • -Kagamine (Can't make a choice)

      -Kaito

      -Miku

      -Meiko

      -Luka

        Loading editor
    • Favorite to Least:

      Rin>Miku>Luka>Len>Kaito>Meiko

        Loading editor
    • WHY IS THERE NO GAKUPO

      1. IMA A GAKUPO HATER AND DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT
      1. GRAMMAR LOL
      1. I FUCKING CAN'T STAND HASHTAGS
        Loading editor
    • This is a poll for CRYPTON Vocaloids, Gackpo is an INTERNET CO Vocaloid.


      Also calm down, there is no need for caps and to be so frank no one cares how much you hate him.

        Loading editor
    • RoxasLen wrote:
      WHY IS THERE NO GAKUPO
      1. IMA A GAKUPO HATER AND DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT
      1. GRAMMAR LOL
      1. I FUCKING CAN'T STAND HASHTAGS

      ..... if you're pointing it out, then obviously you do care who knows it. :I  Just saying.  And as Serza pointed out, Gackpo is NOT a Crypton VOCALOID.

      and hashtags have nothing to do with this.  So please.  Sit down and cool off.  You're literally one of the people who need no explanation for blocking.

        Loading editor
    • RoxasLen wrote:
      WHY IS THERE NO GAKUPO
      1. IMA A GAKUPO HATER AND DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT
      1. GRAMMAR LOL
      1. I FUCKING CAN'T STAND HASHTAGS

      Gakupo isn't a Crypton you drunk on sugar, child.

        Loading editor
    • Samth1815
      Samth1815 removed this reply because:
      Again, I'd like to remove my comment
      11:52, September 16, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • ^ I think we already cleared that up.

        Loading editor
    • Samth1815
      Samth1815 removed this reply because:
      I'd like to remove my comment
      11:52, September 16, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • ^ The point is we wouldn't want to deviate from the original subject of this forum post. You don't have to add fuel to the fire.

      To get back on topic, I do like all of them and do listen to songs from each of them, although some more than others. But if I had to choose from most favorite to least favorite, it would be:

      • Miku (Sorry. Blame ryo, kz, and Mitchie M.)
      • Rin
      • Luka
      • Len
      • MEIKO
      • KAITO (Forgive me. I only listen to "Cantarella." I would look for more KAITO songs if I had the time though.)

      Yes, you could say I ordered it this way based on the number of songs I listen to from each of them. Perhaps this was not the method of ranking for most people. *looks at the polls and sighs*

        Loading editor
    • out of all of them miku would have to be my least favourite be she is a hog and my favourite is meiko, but it was actually (surprise) teto kasane that got me into vocaloid. yea i like mikus voice and all but people only like her for her character thats why id ont like her

        Loading editor
    • ^ So you dislike her not because of her but because of people? Funny. I learned to criticize fans and producers instead. They are the real source of your calling her a "hog."

        Loading editor
    • AcobraL wrote:
      ^ So you dislike her not because of her but because of people? Funny. I learned to criticize fans and producers instead. They are the real source of your calling her a "hog."

      i don't really like her voice i do but i dont if ya know what i mean. 

        Loading editor
    • Squidgopolis wrote:
      AcobraL wrote:
      ^ So you dislike her not because of her but because of people? Funny. I learned to criticize fans and producers instead. They are the real source of your calling her a "hog."
      i don't really like her voice i do but i dont if ya know what i mean. 

      Basically you're neutral

        Loading editor
    • ^ More like indecisive.

      "I like Miku's voice"

      "I don't really like her voice"

      What exactly do you like and dislike, Squid?

        Loading editor
    • I think this answers that Aco :

      Squidgopolis wrote:
      out of all of them miku would have to be my least favourite be she is a hog and my favourite is meiko, but it was actually (surprise) teto kasane that got me into vocaloid. yea i like mikus voice and all but people only like her for her character thats why id ont like her


        Loading editor
    • Misteryeevee wrote:
      Squidgopolis wrote:
      AcobraL wrote:
      ^ So you dislike her not because of her but because of people? Funny. I learned to criticize fans and producers instead. They are the real source of your calling her a "hog."
      i don't really like her voice i do but i dont if ya know what i mean. 
      Basically you're neutral

      yea very few songs i like and very few i hate by her :P

        Loading editor
    • Favorite VOCALOID(S):

      KAITO, Kagamine Len and Rin.

      Why:

      Kagamine Len and Rin introduced me to VOCALOID, so they hold a very special place in my heart, plus Len's hot. KAITO is just relaxing to listen to and KAWAII DESU, but no one will ever beat the KAWAII DESU-ness of Len.

      Least Favorite VOCALOID:

      Miku.

      Why:

      Before all the raging fangirls/boys maul me to death, I'd like to explain why my least favorite is Miku. I love her song World Is Mine, but that's about it, and probably because it's catchy. Miku hogs the spotlight, since she is featured in a lot of songs, and there's just something about her that gives me the creeps. STARE INTO HER EYES FOR TOO LONG AND YOU WILL GET THE VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS.

        Loading editor
    • Squidgopolis wrote:
      out of all of them miku would have to be my least favourite be she is a hog and my favourite is meiko, but it was actually (surprise) teto kasane that got me into vocaloid. yea i like mikus voice and all but people only like her for her character thats why id ont like her

      MUST... NOT... CORRECT... ERRORS...

        Loading editor
    • 50.169.52.228 wrote:

      Least Favorite VOCALOID:

      Miku.

      Why:

      Before all the raging fangirls/boys maul me to death, I'd like to explain why my least favorite is Miku. I love her song World Is Mine, but that's about it, and probably because it's catchy. Miku hogs the spotlight, since she is featured in a lot of songs

      Do I have to tell you off the same way I did Squidgopolis?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Miku can't hog anything, she's a computer program.


      It's not crypton's fault that people prefer her over others.

        Loading editor
    • 50.169.52.228 wrote:
      Favorite VOCALOID(S):

      KAITO, Kagamine Len and Rin.

      Why:

      Kagamine Len and Rin introduced me to VOCALOID, so they hold a very special place in my heart, plus Len's hot. KAITO is just relaxing to listen to and KAWAII DESU, but no one will ever beat the KAWAII DESU-ness of Len.

      Least Favorite VOCALOID:

      Miku.

      Why:

      Before all the raging fangirls/boys maul me to death, I'd like to explain why my least favorite is Miku. I love her song World Is Mine, but that's about it, and probably because it's catchy. Miku hogs the spotlight, since she is featured in a lot of songs, and there's just something about her that gives me the creeps. STARE INTO HER EYES FOR TOO LONG AND YOU WILL GET THE VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS.


      Sorry to double post, but there is so much wrong with this post.


      the KAWAII DESU-ness: The Is Cute-ness? Please post things that actually make sense.

      Miku Hogs the spotlight: As I said before, she can't hog anything, she's a computer program.

      VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS: what.

        Loading editor
    • Samth1815 wrote:
      50.169.52.228 wrote:
      Favorite VOCALOID(S):

      KAITO, Kagamine Len and Rin.

      Why:

      Kagamine Len and Rin introduced me to VOCALOID, so they hold a very special place in my heart, plus Len's hot. KAITO is just relaxing to listen to and KAWAII DESU, but no one will ever beat the KAWAII DESU-ness of Len.

      Least Favorite VOCALOID:

      Miku.

      Why:

      Before all the raging fangirls/boys maul me to death, I'd like to explain why my least favorite is Miku. I love her song World Is Mine, but that's about it, and probably because it's catchy. Miku hogs the spotlight, since she is featured in a lot of songs, and there's just something about her that gives me the creeps. STARE INTO HER EYES FOR TOO LONG AND YOU WILL GET THE VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS.


      Sorry to double post, but there is so much wrong with this post.


      the KAWAII DESU-ness: The Is Cute-ness? Please post things that actually make sense.

      Miku Hogs the spotlight: As I said before, she can't hog anything, she's a computer program.

      VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS: what.

      I know that she cannot hog anything. I know she cannot control it. I'm just saying. KAWAII DESU means cute in japanese. Miku once wrote a song, PoPiPo, where she rants on and on about vegetable juice. -end rant-

        Loading editor
    • 50.169.52.228 wrote:
      Samth1815 wrote:
      50.169.52.228 wrote:
      Favorite VOCALOID(S):

      KAITO, Kagamine Len and Rin.

      Why:

      Kagamine Len and Rin introduced me to VOCALOID, so they hold a very special place in my heart, plus Len's hot. KAITO is just relaxing to listen to and KAWAII DESU, but no one will ever beat the KAWAII DESU-ness of Len.

      Least Favorite VOCALOID:

      Miku.

      Why:

      Before all the raging fangirls/boys maul me to death, I'd like to explain why my least favorite is Miku. I love her song World Is Mine, but that's about it, and probably because it's catchy. Miku hogs the spotlight, since she is featured in a lot of songs, and there's just something about her that gives me the creeps. STARE INTO HER EYES FOR TOO LONG AND YOU WILL GET THE VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS.


      Sorry to double post, but there is so much wrong with this post.


      the KAWAII DESU-ness: The Is Cute-ness? Please post things that actually make sense.

      Miku Hogs the spotlight: As I said before, she can't hog anything, she's a computer program.

      VEGETABLE JUICE-CITIS: what.

      I know that she cannot hog anything. I know she cannot control it. I'm just saying. KAWAII DESU means cute in japanese. Miku once wrote a song, PoPiPo, where she rants on and on about vegetable juice. -end rant-

      Sorry about double-posting, but yes, I am not kidding about the song. Here is a link to it with english subs:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-2lzA7_Cg

        Loading editor
    • ^You seem to be very mistaken about what Vocaloids are. D:

      'Miku once wrote a song'

      Miku cannot write songs, she (or 'it) is a vocal synthesising program. You input lyrics and the program sings them. Human composers, basically anyone who buys the software, write the songs.

      Po Pi Po was written by LamazeP. :D

      P.S: 'Kawaii' means cute in Japanese, 'desu' can mean 'The is' (though it's a little complicated). Hence Samth's reply.

        Loading editor
    • Yoshimikufan wrote: Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

      I don't think it's that they hate her, I think they just like the other vocaloids better. Meiko is my favorite, but that doesn't mean I hate the rest.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Yes, some people just don't like Miku being shoved down their throats.

        Loading editor
    • Dizzyzebra wrote: ^You seem to be very mistaken about what Vocaloids are. D:

      'Miku once wrote a song'

      Miku cannot write songs, she (or 'it) is a vocal synthesising program. You input lyrics and the program sings them. Human composers, basically anyone who buys the software, write the songs.

      Po Pi Po was written by LamazeP. :D

      P.S: 'Kawaii' means cute in Japanese, 'desu' can mean 'The is' (though it's a little complicated). Hence Samth's reply.

      "Kawaii Desu" pretty much is a nonsense phrase, either way.

      this isn't how you use the word "desu".

      I know where slapping the Desu on the end comes from, but in Japanese itself, there is no logic behind it.

        Loading editor
    • 50.169.52.228 should take some Japanese before butchering such a phrase. Kawaii desu only makes sense through the context of a conversation, as there is no visible "subject" in that sentence. It must be inferred, or else the phrase itself will make no sense whatsoever.

        Loading editor
    • AcobraL wrote:
      50.169.52.228 should take some Japanese before butchering such a phrase. Kawaii desu only makes sense through the context of a conversation, as there is no visible "subject" in that sentence. It must be inferred, or else the phrase itself will make no sense whatsoever.

      Ok, ok. I am in fact going to find a Japanese class, so thanks for letting me know that. :)

        Loading editor
    • 50.169.52.228 wrote:
      AcobraL wrote:
      50.169.52.228 should take some Japanese before butchering such a phrase. Kawaii desu only makes sense through the context of a conversation, as there is no visible "subject" in that sentence. It must be inferred, or else the phrase itself will make no sense whatsoever.
      Ok, ok. I am in fact going to find a Japanese class, so thanks for letting me know that. :)
      • class to take Japanese in
        Loading editor
    • Dizzyzebra wrote:
      ^You seem to be very mistaken about what Vocaloids are. D:

      'Miku once wrote a song'

      Miku cannot write songs, she (or 'it) is a vocal synthesising program. You input lyrics and the program sings them. Human composers, basically anyone who buys the software, write the songs.

      Po Pi Po was written by LamazeP. :D

      P.S: 'Kawaii' means cute in Japanese, 'desu' can mean 'The is' (though it's a little complicated). Hence Samth's reply.

      Yes, I know Miku is a voice synthesising program. She cannot write songs. Thanks for letting me know about the typo. Bai. Flies to the moon




      P.S. Please don't reply to this, I know I probably made 5,000 mistakes in 5 sentences.

        Loading editor
    • @anon 50.169.52.228 - You need to really stop triple posting and learn to write everything in one post if you don't plan to get an account to edit them.

        Loading editor
    • 68.44.20.84 wrote:
      I know Len fangirls have a bad reputation but I genuinely love how his voice sounds when it is properly used! Can't wait for a V3 update. His design is pretty nice too.

      Least favorite would have to be Rin because something about her voice really bothers my ears. 

      Air high five, fellow fangirl! XD I also am aware of the bad reputation us fangirls of Len get, but I'm free to express mai opinions.

        Loading editor
    • ^ Suddenly the way you act when posting all makes sense.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry anon, there are genuinely people who make that mistake. (; ´ ~ `) Vocaloid is often quite a new concept to many, so it can take a while for some listeners to get their head around.  (*´・v・)

        Loading editor
    • For me it depends on the user and song. Since more producers use Miku, a good number of them very well, I tend to have more songs sung by her, followed equally by the Kagamines, then Luka, and finally Kaito. I have yet to hear a usage of MEIKO I actually liked so I don't have any songs using her. I try to stay unbiased because some songs sound better with different vocals, no matter how realistic or unrealistic they are. I generally prefer utaite covers but there are those occassional songs that simply sound better with that monotonishness you get from a Vocaloid.

      Miku's not my preferred vocal as I find a lot of other Vocaloids to have more tolerable voices I still don't understand much of the hate that revolves around her. For one,she's a synthesizer, she can't "hog" anything as she has no control over who uses her and how she is used as she is not real.  I get sick of seeing her everywhere and I need to take a break from her voice every other time but I know disliking Miku isn't going to do anything to change the fandom's obsession with her.

        Loading editor
    • Yay MEIKO!Come on MEIKO fans!... you mean most people hate her *sulks in coner with nutella and meiko doll* XD

        Loading editor
    • I like Rin and Len best (so long a the producer uses them well; any vocaliod can sound bad when not used well, though). I think that MEIKO is probably my least favorite - her voice tends to bother me - but even she can sound good when tuned well.  Honestly, (for me) it is all about the tuning with vocaliods. If they're tuned well, I like them. If they aren't, I don't.

        Loading editor
    • My fav is Len

        Loading editor
    • I like his voice the most out of all the vocaloids and I find his character design attractive.

        Loading editor
    • Luka's my favorite, followed by Miku, Rin, Len and Meiko. Kaito's my least favorite.

        Loading editor
    • 76.126.213.79 wrote:
      Yay MEIKO!Come on MEIKO fans!... you mean most people hate her *sulks in coner with nutella and meiko doll* XD

      YUS i love you

        Loading editor
    • I really dont get why everyone thinks of Kaito like they do...

      Like, Kaito Abuse, rly?

      He's my favorite, but there are some reasons I dont like Miku..

      a. She hogs most of the spotlight, and most Vocaloids hardly get a chance. We're just lucky Rana is where she is.

      b. Everything is about her, Miku Expo, Project Diva, her own GT racing car..??

      c. She has the most songs! I dont think it's fair!

      Then again, we do have our opinions..

      Favorite Cryptons in Order: Kaito, Luka, Meiko, Rin, Miku, and Len.

        Loading editor
    • Kaito was for a long time the only general-type male vocal one could acquire and he could fit a variety of roles. By the time other males have come along with similar capabilities, Kaito was already there in the spot they were compete with.

      Rana isn't that popular to be frank. :-

      Miku got super popular, she is the onyl Vocaloid certain to sell so CFM pumps out things related to her constantly. Because she is constantly getting stuff, she is constantly getting more fame. ITs a circle that has resulted in her getting a hold of Japanese culture.

      As for the most songs, she has had this title for a long time. Most of it was down to the early 2007-2009 period, the fandom is pretty much divided on all other Vocaloids overall but most seem to love her in Japan.

        Loading editor
    • Makunijiiro wrote:

      He's my favorite, but there are some reasons I dont like Miku..

      a. She hogs most of the spotlight, and most Vocaloids hardly get a chance. We're just lucky Rana is where she is.

      b. Everything is about her, Miku Expo, Project Diva, her own GT racing car..??

      c. She has the most songs! I dont think it's fair!

      Then again, we do have our opinions..

      I am going to quote this from someone on this thread as it was told countless of times:

      "So you dislike her not because of her but because of people? Funny. I learned to criticize fans and producers instead. They are the real source of your calling her a "hog.""

        Loading editor
    • CFM are good business men, they see a opportunity, they cashed in on it. Can you blame them if everyone buys into Miku all the time? Even I see the logic behind Miku English because of that. And I see what they are doing by promoting her. So long as Miku hods onto the spotlight, CFM are the leading company.

      I noted how Sony's Playstation Portable doesn't have much of a strong hold on the handheld market. However, to suddenly pull out of the market would be much more costly then staying in it. So this is what CFM faces with Miku, they must keep everyone noticing her or they will loose this hold on their part of the Vocaloid market. Even English Miku was made to get into the English market and take a hold of it.

      Miku got fan attention via Internet memes and built a rep as a reliable vocal that could do many roles. Its often harder to ask a fan to risk a gamble with another Vocaloid vocal because the Japanese random in particular saw the Kagamine's Act1 happen. When you consider how expensive Vocaloid is to begun with and how most producers are not that well off money-wise, it pretty much why Miku's hold on the fandom is so strong.

      They crank out more Miku stuff to constantly remind people how much they love Miku and why they love her and it works. Very well. I don't blame CFM for dong this... And if the fans stopped buying into her, then they'd force CFM to change focus from Miku. Even CFM have paid the price of Miku's fame with Project if.... :-/

        Loading editor
    • What's with Miku haters? Miku maybe not my favorite Vocaloid but i don't hate her because she's the most popular Vocaloid. She have all the characteristic of a Diva, I think Miku don't deserve to be a least favorite Vocaloid. Her voice is very unique, and definitely made for a teen pop-star. BTW, my favorite Vocaloid are Rin and Len

        Loading editor
    • ^ we've explained this one a hundred times but I feel like we need a thread for it so we can at least link to that whenever this arises.

        Loading editor
    • 120.29.64.91 wrote:
      What's with Miku haters? Miku maybe not my favorite Vocaloid but i don't hate her because she's the most popular Vocaloid. She have all the characteristic of a Diva, I think Miku don't deserve to be a least favorite Vocaloid. Her voice is very unique, and definitely made for a teen pop-star.

      BTW, my favorite Vocaloid are Rin and Len

      A lot of people don't like Miku. That doesn't automatically make them haters, however. I garentee you most the the people who voted Miku as their least favorite simpy don't like her all that much.

      I personally hate her voice, her design and most of her fans, and her having "all the characteristics of a Diva" does not make me like her any more. As a matter of fact it probably does the opposite.

        Loading editor
    • Serza5 wrote:
      ^ we've explained this one a hundred times but I feel like we need a thread for it so we can at least link to that whenever this arises.

      And yes. Yes we nost definetly should.

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Yoshimikufan wrote: Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

      yes but it's like people are worshiping her like she's the first ever vocaloid

        Loading editor
    • 98.117.192.198 wrote:

      Yoshimikufan wrote: Honestly what's with all the Miku haters. If wasn't for her, we wouldn't know about vocaloid.

      yes but it's like people are worshiping her like she's the first ever vocaloid

      Oh, you mean Mikuf*gs? Yeah...

      .... I still don't feel okay using that particular f-word ever. Is there another alternative for the term? Probably "Mikuboo" or something. :/

      They're either Miku worshippers or simply lost and misinformed fans.  Or, if they're aware of the other VOCALOIDs, they don't care about them, deny their existence or "they're not the originals".... I could go on about it

        Loading editor
    • .... I still don't feel okay using that particular f-word ever. Is there another alternative for the term?

      Mikutard.

        Loading editor
    • ^ That's just as offensive as the previous, I doubt Eevee would appreciate that.

        Loading editor
    • ^Looking for an alternative word to avoid the term Mikufag is already quite rude, so...

        Loading editor
    • Mikuboo is less insulting.

        Loading editor
    • Yet insulting.

      Y not just use the phrase "Miku bias" or "Miku misinformed fans"??

      Like that, you completely avoid the rudeness or the insult.

        Loading editor
    • Fingersoop wrote:
      ^Looking for an alternative word to avoid the term Mikufag is already quite rude, so...

      I like the way you're suddenly trivialising the words "fag" and "retard" by toning them down to sound like regular insults.

        Loading editor
    • Basically terms are just.... :/

      I guess I'll just stick with "Mikuboo" or "Miku fans" or "Miku bias" or "misinformed fans".

      ..... I'm sitting here wondering who even pitched "Mikuf*g" or "Mikutard".  Both I don't like.  Those were the ones that were very common in name calling in my elementary and middle schools unfortunately.  Now I'm trying very hard to avoid those words because it's rude and insulting.  Those are my biggest no-no words.  And if I actually say those words, I'll be quiet for a few minutes and regret it and will apologize probably a thousand times.  I don't like saying them and I'm trying to train myself not to ever say it.  It's even harder if everyone around me says them and I tend to be a parrot.... =A=  

        Loading editor
    • ^ The "fag" and "tard" on the end of words thing is fairly common among fandoms, particularly "tard" whith "Narutard" possibly being the most well known. It basically popped up when it was suddenly cool to use offensive slurs to describe people (and sadly enough it still is).

        Loading editor
    • Thank you Serza for a Fandoms 101 lesson.  I understand better now.

      Still unfortunate that they still use those slurs and terms though...

        Loading editor
    • i hat emiku fans -.- terrible, most miku fans only know about miku and dont even bother giving any other vocaloids a try... my friend had that phase at one stage but then i drill stuff in his head and now his favourite isnt miku.... its IA i think

        Loading editor
    • @Squid The crazy Miku fans are the wost. It's okay to love Miku the most (I do) but ignorance is what gets me. "I only like the orginal JAPANESE Vocaloids" "Miku fake".

        Loading editor
    • aren't all japenese vocaloids originals?

        Loading editor
    • @Squid, Don't forget the very first 3 Vocaloids were Leon, Lola and Miriam - all English.

      The "original" Japanese vocaloids would be Kaito and Meiko.

      Worst i that because of how late we were info to us, it's only recently we've been able to put "developed by Yamaha" on those two pages. People have always thought of Kaito and Meiko as CFM Vocaloids, they are not. At the same time, we're not entirely to blame since it shouldn't always fall to us to pass around the information like this all the time. (I checked wikipedias pages today and updated them to include this, nobody bothers to keep those pages up to snuff).

        Loading editor
    • @Angel - Nobody bothers to tell the wiki page or edit out the voice providers who weren't supposed to be mentioned.

      @ Squid - All VOCALOIDs are originals in their own right.  Nearly all who ever labels "original VOCALOIDs" are usually people referring to the Big 8 because they think the rest after them were slammed out for money and lack knowledge of LEON, LOLA, MIRIAM, Sweet ANN, and Prima, who were either before or squished in between the Big 8

        Loading editor
    • @Squid Just reiterating what Mistery and Angel said, the first Vocaloids were English. People who say "original Japanese" are usually reffering to Crypton's CV series and Internet's -Poid series. These were neither the first Vocaloids nor the first Japanese Vocaloids. Those were Meiko and Kaito by Yamaha for Japanese and LEON, LOLA, and Miriam by Zero-G for English.

        Loading editor
    • @Eevee, I don't edit wikipedia unless I feel its really misleading people. Otherwise I stay away since I have a long-term grudge against the site for the events surrounding the One Piece pages back in later 2006. Wikipedia and I have a love-hate relationship with each other between me and the communities and though I'm plannign a CeVio page, I'd rather not edit it at all. I had to also add the Macne wikipedia page and change the entire UTAU page, as well as write the original vocal synthesizer template (thank goodness someone has repaired that template because I'm not good with those). I think (can't remember) I also wrot ethe Voiceroid page on wikipedia...

      When I edit wikipedia, which doesn't happen often these days, I only edit to bring things up to speed and put it on par with modern workings of the fandom. So far this hasn't back fired on me with this fandom, but as I said it really did with the One Piece one. Me and a dozen other editors got screwed over by wikipedia's politics.

        Loading editor
    • what im trying to say is every vocaloid is an orinignal, right? i mean sure they weren't the first but that doesn't mean they aren't original. If you say "neru akita" is an original... then yea of course she isn't. But every character has an original thought...

        Loading editor
    • Squidgopolis wrote: what im trying to say is every vocaloid is an orinignal, right? i mean sure they weren't the first but that doesn't mean they aren't original. If you say "neru akita" is an original... then yea of course she isn't. But every character has an original thought...

      We know what you're saying. This isn't the first time we've covered the issue of "original Vocaloids". Its come up before in regards to Project Diva (because everyone knows Project Diva is the only source of "original Vocaloids!"). When people refuse to accept Vocaloids, whether or not its a question of every character being an "original character", it makes all of us sad for one reason or another. It tends to give away from the start that the fan is either ignorant or bias, the two most major problems within this fandom.

      On the opposite end, bare in mind as well we're also used to dealing with people with the OPPOSITE view, that every Vocaloid is so unique that they have nothing in common with each other.... Vocal wise, design wise, etc. We get this every time someone says "Chika sounds like Gumi" or "Ring looks like Miku". Because every Vocaloid is such a special snowflake that the bare thought that they can have anything any common with any other Vocaloid is absurd. This is taking the whole issue to the most extreme.

      Bare in mind about "original" as a concept, that Vocaloid wasn't the first to do its ideas. This is like saying "Pokemon is original", bare in mind that elements of Pokemon were already around at the time Pokemon was created in the GB days. Even within Vocaloid itself, there are Vocaloids borrowing ideas and elements from each other all the time. :-/

        Loading editor
    • pokemon is pretty cool tho

        Loading editor
    • That was besides the point Squid.

        Loading editor












    • +

      i know XD

        Loading editor
    • Meiko>Len>Luka>Miku>Rin>Kaito I don't dislike any of them though.

        Loading editor
    • Len>Meiko>Miku>Kaito>Rin>Luka

      Ooh, it changed a bit since I was first in the fandom.

        Loading editor
    • Luka > MEIKO > Rin > Len > Miku = KAITO

      I don't dislike any of them either, though.

        Loading editor
    • Miku, Gumi, and Luka are generally mmy favorites. It's jsut that Len and RIn, idk, but their voices make my ears hurt. >.< 


      However, who has the best songs? GUMI hands down. LIke her songs <3 they're all amazing, and she has so many creative ones!

      I love Miku's voice though, Luka's too. However I dislike most of Luka's songs.


      My least fav is Meiko. I tried to listen to Kaito too, but >.< It just didn't work out either.


      Miku>Gumi>Luka>Len>Rin>Kaito>Meiko

        Loading editor
    • ^ But GUMI isn't a Crypton VOCALOID. :o

        Loading editor
    • I honestly love all vocaloids, and my list would change pretty much everytime i heard a new song so.......... yeah. Commenting just to comment I guess. 

        Loading editor
    • meiko>rin>len>miku>luka>kaito.... i have a weird obsession with meiko and miku atm

        Loading editor
    • Here is mine

      - Rin

      - Len

      - Miku

      - Luka

      - Meiko

      - Kaito

        Loading editor
    • Megurine Luka gives me the most nostalgia when I go back and listen to JBF, Toeto, Double Lariat, etc. x'D

      Kagamine Rin, I just can't get over her nasally voice, and the pitch/low quality when tuned badly. I love her, I cosplayed as her, but she's not my favorite. ^^" That with MEIKO V1's weird quality. > v >'

        Loading editor
    • Rin's my favorite. I find her voice cute, and while she can be a bit unbearable to listen to at times depending on how chipmunky certain producers feel like making her, I enjoy her singing in lower ranges.

      Kaito is one of my least favorite VOCALOIDs, period. I own his V3, but it's so awful. His voice is extremely thin, I can't tell the difference between his two soft banks (why did he even need two soft banks?), he's extremely robotic even for V3, and he's just annoying to use overall. Thankfully he was a present and I didn't actually buy him myself, but it's pretty disappointing. His one octave range is also a huge joke.

      I don't have any strong opinions about the rest of Crypton's VOCALOIDs, though none of them are particularly impressive when compared to VOCALOIDs from other companies, lol

        Loading editor
    • His one octave range is also a huge joke.

      Its the same range his V1 had more or less. The only reason he was good in V1 is the amount of "give" V1 had, it allowed vocals to be more flexible. But the reality was the vocal covered only a limited range. The engine was basically crap, all vocals using it were crap sounding, therefore it was so easy to abuse the engine since you didn't need to get super results like later engines.

      V1 didn't work the same way as later versions thus, there is this as well, you can't expect V3 to work the same way as V1.

      Also unlike V1, V3's Kaito and Meiko are more voice acted or forced to get the same tone, whereas V1 was always a lot rougher on the vocals. There is also an issue with CFM heavily editing the samples to the point where I started arguing this is the big issue with CFM related vocaloids; their almost too edited.

      I feel the same way with VY1v4 "normal". It feels too clean.  :-/

        Loading editor
    • @Olliefar I've never heard of KAITO V3 being described as sounding "extremely thin". Could you go into more detail about that? :)

        Loading editor
    • Ah, I wasn't trying to compare KAITO'S V3 to his V1, though I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference considering I don't care for either, hue.

      @OtterJiang - It lacks substance, and it makes it hard to mix well with other vocals. Even if it's a song that KAITO is singing by himself, the thinness itself brings out a robotic twinge that's painful (to me) to listen to. It's extremely noticeable in this cover , especially compared to the other three.

        Loading editor
    • I changed my mind it is now

      - Miku

      - Rin

      - Len - Luka - Meiko - Kaito

        Loading editor
    • My favorite CRYPTON VOCALOID is problobly Luka. This may be a little biased 'cause she was my first VOCALOID. But I just really like her.

      As for my leaset favorite, I put Len (I'd tie him with Rin). As much as I love the Kagamines, their quality is just... orz I love them but they're near imposible to work with! Giga, Orebanana, Utsu, how the hell do you guys do it???!!

        Loading editor
    • MeerkatQueen wrote:
      My favorite CRYPTON VOCALOID is problobly Luka. This may be a little biased 'cause she was my first VOCALOID. But I just really like her.

      As for my leaset favorite, I put Len (I'd tie him with Rin). As much as I love the Kagamines, their quality is just... orz I love them but they're near imposible to work with! Giga, Orebanana, Utsu, how the hell do you guys do it???!!

      Omg.. You're so perfect q uq 

        Loading editor