VY2 was confirmed soon after VY1 and as part of the "VY" series. VY2 shared the same intention as VY1 of being a VOCALOID without set gender, face or voice. Similar to VY1 being confirmed "feminine", VY2 was confirmed to be a "masculine" voice type. Its release date was set for late 2010.
However, on December 24, 2010, VY2 was delayed while quality was improved, it was also specified to be a "young masculine" voice. A 15 second demo of the VY2 voice was featured at the Y2×VOCALOID CAFE event in March 2011. On 4 April 2011 a demo song called "Asadoya Yunta" by Re:nG was uploaded to Youtube featuring VY2 as the main singer and VY1 as the chorus. On the 14th April, 2011 another demo called "Anatani Hana Wo Watashi Ni Uta Wo" was released, made by the same producer. Later the song "Toki no sugi yuku mama ni" (時の過ぎ行くままに, As Time Goes By) by Sawada Kenji (沢田研二) was released. On the 19th April, 2011 a demo of Cendrillon featuring the singing voices of VY1 and VY2 was released.
VY2 itself was released on 25 April 2011. According to the details of the VOCALOID, the VOCALOID is an attempt to make the vocals sound more realistic and stable. VY2 was also designed to define what a male vocal was and has husky results. VY2 is the 4th Japanese male vocal in VOCALOID2 following Camui Gackpo, Hiyama Kiyoteru and Utatane Piko's male vocals (Kagamine Len and Gachapoid were excluded from this by Bplats due to their vocals being provided by female vocalists). The voice provider was the youngest male vocal sampled at the time, but Bplats did not wish the voice provider to be known.
At the end of 2015, it was announced that from March 31, 2016, VOCALOID2 was being retired and no new serial codes were be issued by Yamaha.
- Computer: 2000 + more than Pentium4 2 GHz/Athlon XP
- recommended Pentium4 2.8 GHz/Athlon 64 2800 + or more
- OS: (recommended in the case of stand-alone 7/Vista) Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Available only 32bit version OS
- free hard disk space required: 600MB or more
- RAM memory (1GB recommended or more) 512MB or more
- VOCALOID2 VST instrument when using Real-time recommended 2GB or more
|Tempo: 70 ~ 140 BPM Range: A1 ~ E3|
|Trial/Demo Vers?: No|
|It is the counterpart to the VY1 vocalist. As a note of the previous VOCALOID VY1, VY2 can be viewed as whatever the user wishes it to be, though the voice itself is a "young masculine" vocal. The tone of voice was intended to convey the image a handsome young male while the voicebank itself was easy to use without heavy modifications. The scripts used for recording the samples were identical to those of its counterpart VY1. He is intended for professional musicians and according to Yamaha, is intended to be a high quality voicebank. His voice provider is unknown, but it's known that he was the youngest male provider in any VOCALOID2 release at his time.|
|Vocal traits as noted:|
|Phonetic notes as noted:|
A trial version has been released of this product.
- ↑  IT Media News - キャラクターなしのVOCALOID「VY1」初のヤマハ製、9月発売 (First VOCALOID released by Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. VOCALOID "VY1", its without an avatar, on sale in September)
- ↑  VOCALOID Store Blog - VY２、およびNetぼかりす発売延期のお知らせ (Release of VY2 postponed)
- ↑  Vocaloidism - VY2 Release date!
- ↑  IT Media News - コードネームは「勇馬」 ヤマハ純正のイケメンボカロ「VY2」の話を聞いてきた
- ↑ link