It is highly likely that Xin Hua's production began in 2013 or 2014 as this was when GYNOID commissioned YAMAHA to create her. It was also noted that YAMAHA was going to continue creating Chinese vocals even though VOCALOID CHINA had ceased activity in early 2014, dropping a small hint of Xin Hua's production.
Xin Hua's existence was made known to the public in July 2014. During this month, producers accidentally leaked minor information about an upcoming Taiwanese virtual singer, but many assumed that this character was Xia Yuyao, an UTAU who is capable of singing in Mandarin and Japanese. The western fandom did not discover the unnamed upcoming VOCALOID until November. However, at the time, it was considered to be a rumor and speculation due to the lack of sources and the company attempting to maintain the project as a secret.
Xin Hua was introduced through a webpage on January 16, 2015. The page contained information about her age, voice provider, and product information. She was to be introduced through TICA (Taipei International Comics and Animation Festival) in February 2015. The officials aimed to launch a song writing competition for her.
A second demo was supposed to be released on January 30, but was postponed for the next week. She was released on February 10 and was first distributed through TICA, along with other goods and merchandise.
It was also noted that a certain number of fans have heard Xin Hua's voicebank before she was revealed from as early as December 2014. Some samples were small clips of the songs that were released: "Shī" and "Magic Melody". However, there were a few other samples that were never used as demo songs at all: a few being unnamed samples and one showcasing the first line of the Chinese classic folk song, "Molihua". One of the samples became a full demo in December 2015 and was named "LET ME SING FOR YOU".
Additional demos were produced far after her release as promotion for her, Facio, and Shanghai Wangcheng Information Technology Co. Ltd., a shopping agent residing in Mainland China that helped fans purchase her and her products. These demos were "Yùshǒu" and "Huá Xīn Cǎi" respectively.
Starter Pack and CubaseEdit
In April 2016, Gynoid began distributing copies of Xin Hua paired with the VOCALOID4 editor and the VOCALOID4 editor for Cubase. The Cubase boxart utilizes an alternative palette that was showcased as a previous concept design.
At some point in time, Gynoid and Facio ended their collaboration in distributing Xin Hua. She could no longer be purchased through Facio's store.
Some time in 2016, Xin Hua's standalone VOCALOID3 packages were sold out and unavailable on both Gynoid's shop and Shanghai Wangcheng's Taobao shop. The starter pack versions are still currently available at Gynoid's shop, but the packages at Shanghai Wangcheng's Taobao were replaced by Xin Hua V4.
|詩 (Shī)||Niconico YouTube bilibili|
|魔法旋律 (Mófǎ Xuánlǜ)||Niconico YouTube bilibili|
|御守 (Yùshǒu)||Niconico YouTube bilibili|
|华心彩 (Huá Xīn Cǎi)||YouTube bilibili|
|讓我為你唱 (Ràng Wǒ Wèi Nǐ Chàng)||Niconico YouTube bilibili|
- OS: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (32/64bit)
- CPU: Intel Dual Core CPU
- RAM: 2GB and up
- Hard Disk Capacity: 6GB and up
- Internet connection.
|Tempo: 60~200 BPM Range: G#2~E4|
|Trial/Demo Vers?: No Starter Available?: Yes|
|Due to having a Taiwanese provider, she has a regional accent.|
|Vocal traits as noted:|
|Phonetic notes as noted:|
|Software issues as noted:|
Xin Hua (VOCALOID3)
- ↑ Hint of start production, provided by YUI, translated by Bajuicy and Chorvaqueen
- ↑ http://www.vocaloid.com/news/products/vocaloid_china_closed.html
- ↑ The rumor about a possible Taiwanese VOCALOID
- ↑ http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/58203-new-taiwanese-vocaloid3-xin-hua-illustrated-by-vofan/page__view__findpost__p__1225234
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/chinesevocaloid/posts/985598748136671
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/chinesevocaloid/posts/985976838098862
- ↑ Xin Hua release date
- ↑ http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/58203-new-taiwanese-vocaloid3-xin-hua-illustrated-by-vofan-0210-release-date/page__view__findpost__p__1225251
- ↑ http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/58203-new-taiwanese-vocaloid3-xin-hua-illustrated-by-vofan-0210-release-date/page__view__findpost__p__1225257